What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Samuelito - First Works
    Had the opportunity to see this young man live last week. He is truly an amazing up and coming Flamenco Guitarist. Only a matter of time before he reaches true Mastery of his craft(only 25 years old). El Viajero, Regarde, Sin Colores, Como El Aire.

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Cenk Erdogan - Balance
    I saw Cenk live a week ago on the IGN tour, very impressed. Not sure how to categorize his music, but that is part of what makes it cool. He mixes a little middle-eastern flamenco in there on his fretless guitar. This is 2 prior cd's (Karakuta/Fermata) on one disc. Very good instrumental guitar music.

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

My grief would unbearable if I hadn't grown up with the music.

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Im currently listing to the melodious sounds of an air purifier

Grond likes this.
  7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Great training music. RIP Keith!

Mitch likes this.
  8. hewho

hewho Valued Member

A lovely cover!

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Signals
    Actually forgot how good this album was overall. Funny thing, New world man is their highest ranking billboard song, and my least favorite on this cd. Subdivisions, and Analog Kid are by far my fave. Digital man, and The Weapon are also very good and my sleeper song that I didn't remember being this good is Losing it.

Mitch likes this.
  10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This highest rated comment was on point.

"CAUTION: this is straight funk, please warm up with lesser funk before watching... side effects include: uncontrollable urge to get down, get it on, or get on wit' yo bad self, randomly begin shouting and whooping, and possibly, in severe cases, set fire to your house in honor of the funk."

Mitch likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Youtube is really smart, it immediately played a video that I wanted to hear next.

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush Of Fools - Wonder Of The World
    Some nice lite Christian Rock music. There is nothing, Wonder of the world, Lose it all, Escape.

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Heart is my favorite band. I decided to listen to their newer albums lately. I tend to always go with their older ones. I bought them, but didn't listen to them much.

My loss! Jupiter's Darling so far is a great album! So glad I decided to do this! Ann Wilson, best female voice in rock- no doubt about it.

Little Queen will always be my favorite album by them though. Can't imagine that ever changing.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  14. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I'm just discovering L cohen!

15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I've been binge-watching all the Indiana Jones movies for about a week and now I'm whistling the Ark Theme wherever I go. It's so creepy, I love it.

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Grace Under Pressure
    Neil Peart makes a pretty timely political statement on this one. Great music as always. Distant early warning, Red sector A, The body electric, Red lenses, Afterimage.

Mitch likes this.
  17. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

At the library I tried a disk by Jeff Bridges, the actor, as in The Dude -- "The Big Lebowski." It's country, with a blues song. The blues song is only song I like. I love The Dude, but, he really can't sing. And with the exception of that one blues song, the instrument side of the music is mediocre.

Very disappointing.

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Éirinn go Brách to all my Irish brothers and sisters.

aikiMac likes this.
  19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

20. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Right now I am listening to my desk phone ring. Most unfortunately for the caller my phone has a screen that tells me who is calling.....