What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Coolio, "Gangster's Paradise"
    Blondie's "Rapture"

Rap isn't my thing. Mostly I think it's not music. But with 2 rappers set to, um, "sing" at the Super Bowl, I was reminded that there have been 3 or 4 rap songs that I do like -- a lot. "Gangster's Paradise" is at the top of the list. It's a terrific song, period. And while Blondie's "Rapture" isn't her best song, it's good. And of course, if you don't like M.C. Hammer's "You Can't Touch This," then you're just weird. School's in, sucker. :p

Xue Sheng likes this.
  2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Right now I am listening to my heater make funny noises....and it is going to Zero Fahrenheit tonight......

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Brenda Russell - Grt. Hits
    Beautiful lady with a beautiful voice. Kind of a sultry smooth jazz, soul blend of music. Piano in the dark, get here, So good so right, In the thick of it.

4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Permanent waves
    The album that saw Rush start to get some commercial success. Another solid outing by a legendary band. The spirit of radio, Freewill, Jacobs ladder, Entre Nous, Different strings, Natural science.

5. shotokanAikiJujistu

shotokanAikiJujistu New Member

lol was listning to old wu tang clan reunited

6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Alice Cooper not only lives, he kisses his wife Sheryl in front of nuclear Armageddon. All I can think is I need to hit the gym so I can look like Kane Roberts, Vinnie's old guitarist!

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Late night...working on my core, listening to this old school 90's protogrunge.

ned and Bozza Bostik like this.
  8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Wow the Melvins were a great band. What a gold mine, I could train to this music all night long.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Leon Russell - Best Of
    • A great, Talented singer/songwriter/vocalist/performer. Some classic gems on this one. A song for you, Tight rope, Delta lady, This masquerade, Heartbreak hotel(with Willie Nelson), Lady blue, Jumpin' Jack flash/Youngblood(live from the concert for Bangladesh). Leon was a true original and American Icon.

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Oh yea...... This hook is firmly implanted into my head......

The synthwave remix is pretty tasty too.

Which leads onto this, which is amazing!

Bozza Bostik and Grond like this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Fatboy Slim - Why Try Harder(the greatest hits)
    Another good Saturday morning workout CD. Haven't listened to this one in a while. The Rockefeller shank, Praise you, Brimful of Asha, Santa Cruz, Weapon of choice.

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Yes it is and Seth Ickerman who made the video is trying to make a 30 minute short sequel film based on it. Possibly the greatest music video I have ever seen but that's probably just my cultural bias (80's kid). The Blade Runner vibe is strong with this one, because that's what inspired the artists.

BLOOD MACHINES - Turbo Killer 2

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

That's really cool!

You've prob already seen this, but if you like the 80's, you'll live this!

Grond likes this.
  15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Kung Fury definitely had a similar vibe, but honestly, this stuff is practically Re-Animator quality, if you know what I mean.

Dead_pool likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

The Youtube stuff popping up now because I watched your videos...oh my this is bringing me way back.

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Moving Pictures
    The album that made Rush a commercially viable band. They never really topped this one but... it was a tuff one to try to top. Tom Sawyer, Red barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, The camera eye, Witch hunt, Vital signs.

Mitch likes this.
  18. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

My wife speaking on the phone in mandarin

19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Dead Pool's fault! I am many, many, many videos in now from where he started.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Reba Russell Band - Bleeding Heart
    Some good ol' Mississippi blues by a woman who knows how to lay it down. Miss me, red Mississippi clay, Levee prayer, Blues is mine.