What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Pretenders - The Singles
    Kinda easy to forget just how good these guys were and how many good songs they had. Stop you sobbing, Brass in pocket, Message of love, Back on the chain gang, Middle of the road, Show me.

2. hewho

hewho Valued Member

@Grond cracker of a song! have you heard this version?

Grond likes this.
  3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The Dirt Chamber sessions volume 1. One of my favourite albums.

4. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

I dunno about Grond but much as I love Johnny he couldn't pick like Marty.

Grond likes this.
  5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

90's Grunge/alternative - Various Artists
    A homemade cd from back in the day. Good(Better than Ezra), Is it like today(World Party), Sea of sin(Depeche Mode), Hunger Strike(Temple of the Dog), When two worlds collide(Inspiral Carpet), It cuts you up(Peter Murphy), Black(Pearl Jam), Witch(The Cult), We are the normal(Goo Goo Dolls), Salvation(Rancid), Man in the box(Alice in Chains), Heart shaped box(Nirvana), Death's Door(Depeche Mode), Indigo Eyes(Peter Murphy), Spoonman(Soundgarden), Give it away(Red Hot Chili Peppers), Longview(Greenday)

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Maxi Priest - Best of Me
    Nice music for a beautiful spring day. I classify him as Raggae-light or Pop reggae. Call it what you want it's good music. Close to you, Wild world, Crazy love, In the springtime, Should I.

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Doors - Grt Hits
    These guys managed to encompass Jazz, Blues, and Psychadelic into one package. Amazing. Light my fire, Roadhouse blues, Touch me, L.A. woman.

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

No but thank you, and it hurts (pun intended) to be able to tell an old Johnny song from a young one. Booze and pills made the difference, if you know his story well enough. Which reminds me of another great song I love that I heard on college radio just tonight.

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Bruce Springstein, "Darkness on the Edge of Town" album. :)

God bless YouTube for offering so much music. ::hearts::

wcrane likes this.
  10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This is Dead_Pool's fault.

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Prince - The Hits I
    The first of a 2-CD set of amazing music. Pop life, I feel for you, Why you wanna treat me so bad, 1999, I could never take the place of your man, Sign o' the times.

Grond and Frodocious like this.
  12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

90's Grunge/Alternative Vol. II - Various Artists
    Groovy Train(The Farm), Time Bomb(Rancid), My Joy(Depeche Mode), Love From Outer Space(Tahiti 80), Movin' On Up(Primal Scream), Three Strange Days(School of Fish), Bright Yellow Gun(Throwing Muses), I Love You, Good-Bye(Thomas Dolby), Come As You Are(Nirvana), Give It Away(Red Hot Chili Peppers), All Together Now(The Farm), Feed The Tree(Belly), Hey Man, nice Shot(Filter), Crazy(Seal), I'm Just A Girl(No Doubt)

Grond likes this.
  13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Primal Scream - Give out but don't give up
    First heard of these guys when I saw them open for Depeche Mode around '93(Faith and Devotion tour). Liked their groove so I got this CD. What I like about this CD is that they bounce around different sounds, country, funk, jazz and Rock, but it all sounds good. Jailbird, Rocks, Cry myself blind, Big jet plane, Free.

Grond likes this.
  14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Once again, Dead_Pool is the blame.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Stoned Immaculate - A tribute to The Doors
    STP/Break on through, Creed/Riders on the storm( A Damn good version), Aerosmith/Love me two times, The Cult/Wild Child, Bo Diddley/Love her madly.

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Prince - The Hits II
    second of a two CD set by a true musical genius. I wanna be your lover, Little red corvette, I would die 4 u, Kiss, and of course, Purple rain.

Frodocious likes this.
  17. aikiMac

Better than the original!

18. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

A (rubbish) remix of this was in a TV advert, so I had to listen to the original.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  19. aikiMac

LOL! Oh, come on, you gotta laugh!

axelb likes this.
  20. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Inspired by the isolated vocals videos on youtube, I've been revisiting Eddie Veder in both Pearl Jam and Temple of the Dog.