what are the best Martial Arts Shoe?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Levi, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Levi

Levi New Member

i'm wanting a pair for the streets....which would you guys recomend for comfort?

2. Levi

Levi New Member

3. Kurokawa

Kurokawa New Member

personally you cant beat a good pair of worne in shoes, not to mention you would be used to them anyways

4. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

While TKD shoes like that are cool and really comfortable i find that the sole of them wears out pretty quickly when worn for everyday use. The sole is deliberately thin for better sensitivity. I'd just go with a pair of sneakers or something that you've worn in, they'd provide better support etc as well.

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I like Otomix....

6. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

don't be a dork who wears kungfu/ninja shoes. just wear regular shoes.

7. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I really must agree.

8. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I would agree. I wouln't wear any sort of MA shoe in the street. For training however, my instructors actually tend to recommend wrestling shoes of MA shoes. They tend to hold up better and give more support. That's just one opinion though.

9. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Wrestling shoes are really good, and both Tiger Claw and Kwon make mat shoes that actually look like sneakers. And they're comfortable too....

10. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

I think Asics Onitsuka makes excellent street shoes, they're light as a feather and quite flexible, and they look amazing, very stylish. When I wear mine (mexico 66) I feel like doing tornado kicks all over the place. The ultimate 81 is nice too. Plus Bruce Lee wore them.

11. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

I've gotten great results out of indoor soccer shoes.

But I'm really curious about Nike's new "Free " line of shoes. Take a look at these:

- Matt

12. Levi

Levi New Member

do you have any pics of the ones bruce lee wore.

13. Levi

Levi New Member

i was just wanting a good pair of shoes so that I could make good kicks on the streets if some thug picks a fight.

14. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

Well, I was kind of being silly, but check out the real footage of "Game of Death" it's on the tail end of the documentary "A Warriors Journey." Don't see the theatrical release though, it sucks. Never mind the shoes, it's just some awesome footage. I'm a confirmed sneaker addict, I can't help myself :rolleyes:

15. Highkick

Highkick Banned Banned

I don't wear shoes......lol. Not when I train at least. I've said before that a calloused foot hurts more across the face :D

16. shootodog

shootodog restless native

for grappling: nike wrestling shoes.

for striking: adidas kick or dargonflys

for "ehem": adidas street soccers or adidas futsals

17. Martial One

Martial One Martial Way student

learn to fight wearing boots, sandles, schoes, bunny slippers etc etc.

18. Macca_g

Macca_g New Member

I find Longsdale the best but i think you can only get these in the UK.. They are brilliant for most MA's... really grippy and lightweight and comfortable bet anyone can get them of Ebay though :D

19. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Am i alone in wearing any old pair of trainers that come to hand? I didn't realise people pay so much attention to their shoes.

20. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

just wear adidas pro tecalll the time well when training anyway