What are the best knockouts you have seen?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Montrose, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Montrose

Montrose New Member

Interested in posts about the sport of professional boxing on the greatest/most devastating knockouts you have seen. I am doing research on some of the best knockouts in boxing history. I have a good list going but would be interested in hearing from the fans out there. You can list any knockouts you've seen either live, on televison, or on film. I have a large film library but its easy to overlook or forget some. List your favorites :)

Great knockouts usually fall into one or more of the three falling categories in the sport of boxing: 1) One punch knockouts 2) Brutal Knockouts 3) Come From Behind Knockouts.

Thanks

http://coxscorner.tripod.com

2. Sauron9949

Sauron9949 New Member

i don't know about others but i liked the Ali vs. Foreman in Zaire. That knockout for me was cool. The way Ali waited and waited till Foreman couldn't go on and finsihed it. It was a tactical move performed well by Ali and when you see Foreman on the way down some boxers would be tempted to throw one or two more to make sure, but Ali knew he was gone...
    Just my opinion

Sauron

3. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

There was a brilliant knockout on the Medina/Harrison card about a month ago.

The guy got hit on the temple and his body fell back completly limp- usually when you see a knockout the guy struggles on the way down or moves on the floor when ne hits it.

This guy went through the ropes and didnt even move. He just lay there in an arc over the bottom rope.

Class.

4. spired

spired New Member

What about Mike Tyson vs. James "Buster" Douglas? Where Douglas unleashed the combination - jab, right uppercut, left hook, right cross, left hook. That was something.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Julian Jackson vs Herol "Bonber" Graham - the single most brutal KO EVER!

6. shipto

shipto Atkin's for life

I was never into boxing much until I started MA so only a limited selection but i was thinking the Ali (low bow) V Foreman fight too.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I saw a real knockout at the beach a few months ago. Got a GREAT picture of her too!!

8. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Tyson vs. Berbick LOL!

Down he goes up he comes down he goes LOL!

Tyson vs. Frazier --- BOOM! LOL!

Hagler vs. hearns ---- a lesson in how not to fight a big puncher LOL!

9. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Ali vs. Liston. A psycological knock out (Liston gave up after cheating and still getting beat up), the most devistating in my oppinion.

10. saikyou

saikyou New Member

tyson knockouts!

11. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

The best knockouts I've seen was when I saw this video of the Korean Tigers and in the beginning this opponent threw a low roundhouse and then the other opponent threw a sorta like back kick or like the mule kicks and the opponent that threw the roundhouse got Ko'ed and he fell face first to the mat.

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Pssst Guy - BOXING forum :D

13. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Technically not Boxing but a great laugh.

WWF (at the time) Bart Gunn vs Toughman champ "Butterbean"

They spent about 8 weeks with WWF wreslters going against each other in point competitons, so they could face Butterbean at wrestlmania.

Bart Gunn beat 4 different opponents and was hyped to give Butterbean a run for his money.

DING DING! Butterbean walks across the ring and whacks BG.

BG shakes the cobwebs away and gets an 8 count. BOOM Butterbean takes his head off and BG ends up pinballing his head between bottom and middle ropes..

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! :D

14. MuayThaiGuy

MuayThaiGuy New Member

Psst. You know that WWF isn't real, right?

15. Rob_InDaUk

Rob_InDaUk Grandmaster Sandwich

:cry: :( :cry:

WWF isn't real??

16. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Hey, I know this is a Boxing forum but I just had to post that because it was a cool knockout but I have seen knockouts but not really the best knockouts from Boxing but usually from those MMA Tournaments like the UFC and Pride FC.

17. Gryphon Hall

Gryphon Hall Feeling Scholler

Manny Pacquiao knockouts. Go Manny!

18. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

KO's

The best KO I ever enjoyed was Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson. The most recent impressive KO was Diego Sanchez over Joe 'Diesel' Riggs. In about minute 2 of the 1st round Diego hit Joe with a right hook to the chin. Before Joe could recover Diego hit him with a vicious knee lift & lights out. Let's face it gentlemen, much as I love boxing MMA is becoming more & more popular. I personally think there's room for both.
    Thanks,
    Sensei Tom

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  19. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

Blah blah blah. That wasn't my night!

20. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

Tyson ko Berbick, Ali ko Foreman, oh... And no one's mentioned anything that Foreman inflicted on anyone else! Though Foreman obliterated many a foe, I'll go with Foreman's knockout of Moorer, because George was 196 years old at the time.