What Antivirus software do you use with Windows Vista?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by murphy81, May 21, 2007.

1. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

A number of antivirus programs dont currently support Vista, especially NTL Netguard, and im looking for a decent, FREE antivirus program to use.

Which ones do you use?

2. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

There aren't any that I'm aware of. (None that are 100% Vista compatible). If you're willing to drop some money though, the currently best (and fully Vista compatible) Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware products would be Trend Micro Anti-Virus and Webroot Spy Sweeper.

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

www.avast.com has fully supported Vista for a long time.

Download the FREE Home Edition ...... I did and liked what I got.

Cheers.

4. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

Avast says it's fully Vista compatible but I've seen it have issues with several machines.

Granted I don't know if they installed the correct version or not. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  5. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

Yeh I have got Avast Antivirus and works perfectly. I was using NTL Netguard, but they havent caught up with Vista yet, so I had to look for an alternative.

I also tried AVG 7.5, but it doesnt work along side Avast, so will stick to Avast for the mean time.

How about Windows OneCare? Do you use it, and how does it work? I have heard alot about it, but have never got around to testing it

6. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

OneCare works pretty well. Integrates flawlessly with Vista. That would be my second choice after Trend Micro/Spy Sweeper.

7. kingc699

kingc699 Valued Member

been runing Trend Micro on vista for a few weeks now, runs really well, no problems with it