What about opening a "Old martial artists (over sixties) forum"?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by julio kodokan, Dec 18, 2017.

1. julio kodokan

julio kodokan MUAY THAY & BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU Student

Our body goes many changes, but many of us go on training....How much training is good and enough? What to do about old knees and shoulders? Suplements do work? It would be nice and encouraging to hear older guys reports about how they deal with aging and their practice...Cheers and OSS

axelb, Monkey_Magic and Dead_pool like this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Sometimes it's not the age so much as the years on the mats too.

axelb likes this.
  3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Eh, I don't think it is needed personally. One can start any number of threads on that topic within our various other forums. And indeed people have started threads on topics regarding older martial artists within other threads. To have an entirely separate forum for that is sort of segregating older MAists from the community.

Also, I think just saying older MAists is sufficient. I consider myself an older martial artist at 52. And also what Dead_pool mentions. One can be older from years of wear and tear, while chronologically not in their 60's.

I hope you feel inspired to start threads on these topics that you mention above. Even if the Listowners start a forum like you suggest, it would take some time for that to happen. Why wait? There is nothing stopping you from posting on this now.:)

axelb likes this.
  4. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

5. julio kodokan

julio kodokan MUAY THAY & BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU Student

ok That´s cool! What you train? How many days a week?

6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

What about opening a "Old martial artists (over sixties) forum"?

well.... isn't that what the T'ai Chi forum is really for?

;)

axelb likes this.