We're the Problem

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by OwlMAtt, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Musashi? Hmm interesting, which work of his are you referring to exactly?

So if you can't comment on his art then you can't say that he or his claims have any legitimacy, all you are left with is that you think he seems like a nice guy which to be frank can be said for every sales man out there.

Who said anything about competence. We are talking about integrity and truth, as an academic I would have thought you would be able to follow the argument being put forward.

There is enough stuff online to be able to draw some fairly concrete conclusions, the crux is that he has not as of yet given any corroborating evidence for his tales and his system does not reflect the history it claims.

Until he provides evidence then it's pretty black and white, as an academic I would have thought you'd understand this.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  3. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

I'd like to humbly request that an administrator cull the Dux discussion into another thread. This is the second time this article has been hijacked by a Dux defender. I thought this one would go away after banging against the brick wall of logic for a few hours, but it has not been so.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

so now black belt magazine is the ultimate "authority"?

5. ANGELSGYMSINGH

ANGELSGYMSINGH Valued Member

6. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Oh lordy, trouble so hard. (to quote Moby)

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Agreed.

8. ANGELSGYMSINGH

ok guys... im out... I am sorry to get people upset.... just ignore the posts and I wont post anymore in this thread..... Be well bros.... G

9. Giovanni

well that's too bad. teach us, master.

10. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I just read some more of this guy's... Stuff.

Alansmurf was right I think.

11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

tried finding your sport psychology work online... i couldn't...

12. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Can I be a recognized Soke for the $$$$

Sure. If you make it there you can make it anywhere... (sounds like a song for New York City)

13. ANGELSGYMSINGH

14. ANGELSGYMSINGH

http://www.jadedragon.com/articles/illusive5.html

The article series links can be found at the bottom of the page.... MAP partrons vetted me years ago when I first published my book... If there are any admin guys left from the period you can check with them.... They actually threw me and my wild ideas out ... until a moderator used one of my articles to show that I did not know what I was talking about.... A member later told him that I was the author... It was pretty cool because I learned a lot from battling peers and of course I was invited back with full privilages... I learned form the experience not to challenge people... at least in a public forum or publishers like MAP will throw you out... lol

Anyway... here are some links to what I have and do practice... hope there it is helpful...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  15. Giovanni

is 'wexford university' nationally accredited?

16. ANGELSGYMSINGH

No it is not... However, it is in the third of 4 stages to be accredited by DETC. It is a new school that was started by the founders of NESTA. I chose it over older programs because of the applied work of the faculty with some even being MMA trainers as well as academics and their willingness to allow me to explore the topic of building curriculums that integrate Taoist and Vedic breathing methods in Martial and Triathlete regimens for seasoned athletes... kinda like yourself.... Hey are you in Chicago... I was reading one of your threads and it suggested that you might be from there... If so you are close.... Please come visit me if you come through Des Moines in your travels... I have a studio and access to YMCA facilities where we can work out together... I see that you are a TKD man and a grappler... I still train in Kickboxing and Grappling so I would love to train with ya.... hit me up on the private messaging and we can maybe work out a time....

I have worn out my welcome in this thread... lol... nice meeting ya bro.. G

17. Giovanni

you haven't worn out your welcome.

i would personally re-assess the legitimacy of the charges you're paying to both the university and the hall of fame.

18. ANGELSGYMSINGH

lol.... yes I have and I am cool with the organization membership fees bro.... My work has been brought to many practitioners because of these organizations so they serve their purpose... If you ask me traditional academic institutions are what really need to be scrutinized for legitimacy.... With the MA's its easy... credentials are in your hands...

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Too many people out there, do not thoroughly train in a art from a qualified instructor thus meander or dab in other things. And in order to give credit to what they do, they tend to over-exaggerate this credential.

Those who have qualified instructors, can also get caught up in the web of politics, especially if the art's founder, passes away. BUT, even with this, there is a credibility upon the lineage.

I want to make it perfectly clear, that I am "not out to bash" anyone. But on the same effect, I am not out to give "credit to anyone"

Let's talk martial arts, and if anyone makes sense, I am open-minded

20. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I'm gonna leave this t