We're the Problem

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by OwlMAtt, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

As you think he is so awesome how do you account for the problems surrounding the veracity of his system?

Also when you look at what he does what specifically makes you go "oh yeah I can see the connection between his movement, the morphology of his technique and the supposed background of his training and art"?

Or is this simply a case of because you've been "inducted" then he must be fine because he has too. :rolleyes:

2. ANGELSGYMSINGH

ANGELSGYMSINGH Valued Member

Good question bro.... His system and his presentation of his system of martial science has recognition, students, scholarship, profit and organizational legitimacy. As far as I know he has met every challenge he has accepted to include our organizational affiliations. In the conversations I have had from him I can say that I have gained knowledge and a certain sense of the man that his is a kind soul and spirit but no less the warrior.

I guess what I can say to you is that if you really need to know if he is legit. Challenge one of his students at your level or the man himself. When you do please be as gracious for the lesson as the adepts that I have had the pleasure of proving my skills to and give him a good review.... much love and respect bro.... G

3. Dean Winchester

You didn't answer my question.

4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Borelox..yet again .

5. ANGELSGYMSINGH

..... by the way you poised the question I doubt anyone can but I did respond to you question.... Sorry is it is not good enough.... Sincerely... You and I just have different approaches to evaluating our fellow artists.... and that's cool with me.....

6. Dean Winchester

Really?

Well for a start we could look at the background behind Mr Dux's story, any historical tidbits he might put forward, we could check their accuracy. Next we could look at the actual techniques found within his school and compare them to other waza of a similar timeframe and geographical location, see if there were any cross pollination of techniques between schools of a similar nature.

We could also look at how he moves, does he move in a way that resembles what he claims to do? There are certain traits associated with such arts that you tend to see across the board, also are the correct cultural "trappings" there and how are they related to what is taught?

Finally we could perhaps actually look at how they ryu is structured and disseminated, is it in line with other systems from the same era, culture, location etc we could look at kuden and densho.

Although Dux ryu is obviously his creation all it is based on should fit in with the above, assuming his story is above board.

I've probably missed a fair bit out actually and my seniors could probably really go to town.

So if you aren't assessing him based on anything technical or historical then what is your assessment based? How do you reach the conclusion that his system and he are all he claims?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  7. ANGELSGYMSINGH

Bro...What have you found out about Franck Dux that you can verify and share with us? Do you think he is a fraud and why?

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I suggest just doing an MAP or Google search.

The truth is out there.

9. Dean Winchester

So you aren't familiar with any of the issues surrounding him?

A cursory search of Google, E-Budo, Bullshido will turn up any number of things.
    However as you seem to have avoided answering my question again I'll repeat it.

So if you aren't assessing him based on anything technical or historical then what is your assessment based? How do you reach the conclusion that his system and he are all he claims?

Once you have done me the courtesy of answering the above then I shall respond in kind but at the moment you appear to want to avoid any question you see as difficult or problematic to your point of view, discussions can't really take place with that sort of attitude so could you please address my question first.

10. OwlMAtt

OwlMAtt Armed and Scrupulous

ANGELSGYMSINGH, Dux claims to have trained under a master no one else has ever heard of, to have repeatedly won a tournament no one else has ever heard of, and to have performed many great feats of military heroism no one else has ever heard of. His life story reads like a bad drug store spy novel and no one has ever provided one scrap of credible evidence for any of it.

Now you come in here and expect us all to believe everything he says because... you think he's such a nice guy? Sorry, bro, it doesn't work that way. Wild, unsubstantiated claims made by a nice guy are still wild, unsubstantiated claims. Until you (or anyone, for that matter) can back up Dux's stories, you're just blowing smoke.

I'd like to remind you (as I reminded Dux himself) that this piece of mine accuses Dux of no specific wrongdoing. You are not doing him or yourself any favors by showing up here defending him.

Also, if you really want to be Dux's champion, you should be in these two threads, not here:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109219
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113289

11. ANGELSGYMSINGH

What I am talking about may be unintelligible if it is the first time one is exposed to this terminology. This stuff is the focus of my Grad work and although I knew some may not appreciate it at there are many adepts in the forum who might.

Its Sports Psychology bro.... The Western science explanation behind the Eastern methods of meditation. The process, the why, what and how of higher Martial study is esoteric and a bit involved.... nothing simple about explanation of these processes. I find this information fascinating because it helps me visualize my meditation processes and also helps motivate me to continue studying the integration of Vedic and Taoist alchemy methods. It is my hope that it may inspire others in the same way...

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

do you have a copy of your dissertation or projects? i would be interested in reading them

13. ANGELSGYMSINGH

Not trying to defend him or do anyone any favors bro... I just make it a habit to not criticize adepts in public unless I have personally tested them.... In that context my words are just opinions..... I have heard the same said of many artists to include Steven Segal (who is also an inductee) and I do not doubt his skills either....

I will be more specific about why I don't doubt his abilities: I have not personally tested his skills nor seen the need to pursue him to do so. That leaves me with the word of others. Of all the negative things that I have heard said about the man I have heard an equal amount of positive things said...

For the record I have met adepts that are not as competent as they think they are... indeed I have found myself among them from time to time and is the reason I am continuously training. I believe he is of the same mind and action in this respect.... I had spoken to Master Dux before I was aware that he was a fellow Inductee but I can say that after learning this there was no greater or lesser need to doubt his competence. I have reviewed videos of his work and I can say that I was not brought to any doubts. This may be because I do not have the knowledge about the system he practices that his critics have.

14. ANGELSGYMSINGH

Hey Zaad I can not post those links here... Its against the rules.... but you can to Truwaza Martial Arts Times and go to site menu.... Under Western Tai Chi Ch'uan I got an article published about Professor Dorthy Yates work in the area of Applied Sports Psychology. She performed meditation practices called "practical sets" on Boxers in the 1940's... The results were significant but not vigorously followed until Professor Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's work called "FLOW". Professor Dennings work in Neuro-plasticity led him to study and decode Buddhist methods of meditation and it is his terminology and research that has helped me articulate and use meditation in a more practical and predictable manner. I now better understand the Vedic and Taoist literature and treatise and am further refining and cultivating that knowledge in my post-grad work. I applied the knowledge and documented it in a video showing me performing a long distance swim and Internal boxing session. Would love to get your take on it. I have not written my dissertation yet... It will be completed in 2015. You can go to goggle and research The Elderbeast Chronicles to get more info on my progress. Thanks for the interest and let me know if I can be of help in your exploration.... much love and respect...

15. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i have come to agree with owlmatt's original point: we are the problem.

16. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

I have a bridge for sale bro, great investment opportunity. You interested?

17. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Still Borelox....

18. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

do you have an undergrad dissertation?

19. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

HOF is not a sign of someone being genuine. Some right nutters are in these HOFs.

I would rather think that people were more likely to be frauds if they try to depend on a HOF entry to back up their CV.

Gapjumper (Hall Of Fame 1981)

20. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

@Angelgymsingh

Are you listed on the Hall Of Fame?

And what is your opinion of this video? Did a quick youtube search, is this the same Dux?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUuRIcWuYGo"]Frank W Dux Koga Ryu Ninjutsu (Bulletproofglass record) Dux Ryu in Bercy France 1993 - YouTube[/ame]