Welcome to the KUK SOOL OLYMPICS

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Hyeongsa, May 11, 2010.

1. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

What you are talking about is not punching power. It is non-chemical collision kinetics.....different formula, different topic. Oh wait...I see that Ember also points this out.

The reason that punching power is a better indicator of KO power than collision kinetics is the fact that men, in practice, have higher KO rates than their professional women counterparts. Why is that? It surely ISN'T that all men land their punches solidly while all women only produce glancing blows ALL the TIME! Further, if anyone has seen a professional boxer "shadow box," though s/he is not landing any punches, the punches being thrown do have atleast minimal power.

If the topic is now changing to collisions...I know of an easy way to level the playing field for both men and women....give them both guns.

Just the opposite is true for most folks. Testosterone therapy is actually a possible TREATMENT for Metabolic Syndrome. The data is unclear concerning pregnancy...but for nearly all non-pregnant folks, men or women, testosterone therapy is thought to help, not hurt.

Since testosterone is an anabolic which may help with obesity and insulin resistance...other mechanisms are also being looked into...for example, growth hormone analogs.

2. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  3. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

4. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

no - not me
    good models though

and I never believed that was you for one minute - I just thought the photo was amusing

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  5. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

lol whats sad is i bet everyone went through those lego pics. ^^

6. otherbrother

otherbrother Valued Member

When emberKSW said, "Oh yes, and women can increase their testosterone, but I don't recommend it" I had to laugh. I don't know how old most of you are but who remembers the Russian and East German female swimmers from the 60's?
    Talk about Testosterone...and yes of course Steroids and plenty of it.

OB

7. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Krieger

It was a wider problem than just the commies though
    Thirty or so years ago I played rugby with a chap who at the time was world-class junior (under-21??) hammer thrower
    He used to say that virtually all the "major" first-rank athletes at the time were on steroids. He did mention names - some of which would shock even now - but I won't name them, no point in raking up scandal now. He wasn't just talking British - he meant most of the global athletics "family" he met during his globetrotting.
    Only real difference is in the way the East Germans systematically doped their children - the "west" just doped the adults.

What you have to remember is that many of the architects of the german doping scheme are now in China. How do you think the Chinese have improved so much in sport in the last ten years?

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  8. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

IIRC, they weren't exactly TRUE females, meaning they had that rare XXY chromosome. So it wasn't so much about steroids, but that they were NATURALLY enhanced when it came to strength (increased testosterone levels?). Doping has always been on the books as cause for DQ in the Olympics, but I seem to remember since this was a natural phenomenon, it raised quite an uproar.

9. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Quite true Unknown, but you wouldn't wanna be smacked in the nuts by either of these little fellas either: http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1405608412602

10. unknown-KJN

Sorry, Pugil, I don't do FaceBook. :eek:

I'm sure it's quite hilarious, though. ;)

11. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Can you not view it anyway? Join under a pseudonym — like you did on this! ;)

12. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

It's not at all hilarious, by the way. I wish I could get a group of adults who all wanted and were prepared to train that hard on the pads.

13. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Here you are Unknown, I also found it on YouTube for you so that you can watch without having to join the horrid Facebook — that just about everyone else in the world is on! :) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9ePCfIsVc"]Minime and Mohawk (Giovanni and Carlos) - YouTube[/ame]

14. unknown-KJN

Thanks for that, Pugil. I've seen this clip before, however, and those kids are indeed remarkable. I only assumed it was humorous since I had anticipated something with midgets rather than children when you mentioned "little fellas."

And it's not that I think that FaceBook is horrid, and using a pseudonym just might be something I should look into. The truth is that I have immediate family members which desire more privacy than what a typical account might prove to provide, especially if using it in the way it's meant to be used. ;)

15. MasterDunchok

MasterDunchok Valued Member

Oh those guys - as a matter of fact, my friend Thomas is the talent manager for them.

16. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

You were not even around yet at the time to speak for Master Yang.

17. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Uh am I missing something or are you responding to a post that is almost 3 years old?

18. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

You're not missing a dam thing...3 years,4 years.I just came across it TODAY.

19. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

Ok just making sure. You might be waiting a while for a response.

20. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Yes, but that doesn't make what she said untrue. :confused: