WEKAF training

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by rick_nz, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hi Freeform,

But again my point, they can be wrong. As you clearly stated in the first instance they were incorrect and it was only after further ISOLATED study once they knew where the fault lay that they looked further at there own skills of studying the bumblebee, which in turn made them better scientists.

We return to our regular broadcast.:D

Best regards

Pat

2. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

nice post pat! right on the spot. :D

if you refer to science, it is the study of things such as observation, investigation, and more of a theoretical explanation of things. now this so-called theories or studies becomes a "law" or a fact... only after proving things right which is thru actual experimentations, thus the experience.

in our study of the arts, we'll know the science of "how and why" these things were done. but doing them constantly and repetitively is another thing - this gives us the skill.

it is better to know 1 technique and practice it a thousand times than it is knowing 1000 techniques and practicing each of them only once.

3. Mike Dunnage

Mike Dunnage Valued Member

blimey pat you have way too much time on your hands :D

I've only got 5 min as i have just finished a sports SPECIFIC training session and i need a wash. It is also hell week at school as i have year 7 reports and GCSE course work to mark (the stuff they do not show you in the adverts!).

I will read through your posts proprerly if i get any spare time this week. I will probably be able to refute some of your comments as well but please be patient.

All i want to do is raise some points to wind you up in the mean time :D :D .

since you are no longer GB coach training regimes have changed and the GB team walked away from last years Euro champs with their highest ever medal haul.

There were two mma fighters of about the same age called Ken shamrock and randy couture. Both fought a fella called Tito ortiz who at the time was the most dominate light heavy weight champion in the UFC.

Ken resorted to his old training regimes from when he was successful in the early days of the UFC. Result he got beat on for three rounds until the ref stopped the fight.

Randy used the latest SCIENTIFIC training regimes and nutritional advice as well as tailoring his training in the most specific ways he could.
    Result he dominated Tito for 5 rounds and had the most dominate ufc fighter of the 90's pressed up against the fence and ended the fight with tito upside down pressed against the fence and was spanking his **** (literally!).

Conclusion ???????

4. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

good luck on the training mate.

Lookin forward to your session at Seni06 Pat, cant wait :D

5. Pat OMalley

Hi Mike,
    Glad to see you are now washing:D ,
    As for the job, like any job it is never how they advertise it.

Too much time on my hands Hahaha! I wish, in between working full time, looking after my family, teaching and training and helping my wife run her full time business, I spend my chill out time talking to people here about real FMA, some times we even give out advise;)

I am glad the British team are doing so well without me, just goes to show the Brit's can still fight regardless, also was that not the biggest team ever feilded by WEKAF GB and surely numbers entered may well have played a role as it does with the Philippine and USA teams at the world events.

I did not do too bad considering I coached the 98 team that had 28 players which came 2nd in the Medals table behind the PI team which was large as the event was in Cebu so they could field a large team, and pushing the USA team in to 3rd place that had nearly 100 players in it. I think I bowed out with what many people would consider a good record.

Anyway back to the European event, I did not know you were the GB coach of that team? and how did you personally do at that event with your sports specific training???;) .

As I said before, your were missing the point, The advise given by myself and the others WAS SPORT SPECIFIC.

Anywho gotta go, got some interesting debates to join in to.:rolleyes:

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  6. Mike Dunnage

Mike Dunnage Valued Member

never claimed to be the GB coach. just said there had been changes.

And your right washing is fun, you might want to try it one day :D :D

take care

7. Pat OMalley

I never bother washing myself, I just get my wife to do it for me:eek: , where is that Fan and bunch of grapes:D

I dont have time for washing, too busy doin the real FMA and talking to FMAers, Ooopsss! that's the spot lucy keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep going, let me type, you just keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep rubbbing and scrubbbbbbbbing:love: :eek: :eek: :D

8. Pat OMalley

I know that:D but how did your sport specific training help you at that European championships? did it work for you???;)

I don't want to put you on the spot incase you did not do so well at this paticular event, so perhaps you can tell us your track record from competing at WEKAF events on an international basis to date and what advice can you give, based on those experiences. Paticularly to a first timer.

Best regards

Pat