Weird things happening

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Kinjiro Tsukasa, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I notice (last three days now) that all of the icons in the "Journals" section have been replaced by those little red x's. In addition, I am no longer getting any "Reply to Post" e-mails, even though I'm subscribed to several threads, and haven't made any changes that should affect those things. ????? :confused:

2. MattN

MattN Valued Member

I miss my emails too, now I have to hunt for the threads and I forget about some

3. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

I've not been getting all my notifications either - nobody believed me though! :(

I'll look into it - the new version of VB seems a bit fussy about e-mails

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I will go for a mosy elsewhere too. I have probably seen summat about it.

5. hongkongfuey

should be fixed now.

6. Kinjiro Tsukasa

I now have a few "Reply to post" e-mails; not nearly as many as I should have, but I'll wait and see if it catches up.

I am still getting those annoying little red x's instead of icons in the "Journal" section, however. :woo:

7. hongkongfuey

where are you seeing these - all the icons look fine to me? Anyone else having the issue?

8. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I wasnt getting the reply notifications either, then today I had about 50 of em in my inbox dating back to the day after I stopped getting them. Now I get a separate email for every reply to each thread. Oh well.

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Locations of red x's instead of icons:

On the "My Journal" page,

On the left-hand side, to the left of "Entries", "Views", and "Comments"

On the right-hand side, to the left of "User Mood", and "Now Playing"

I'm not noticing this happening anywhere else, so far.

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

HKF - I told you about the User Mood and Now Playing not working ;)

11. MattN

MattN Valued Member

Yeah, I'm gettin 1 for every reply of the thread, and their all the same, just a lot of em.

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I got a screenie of the red crosses in KTs problem (I think), from the college computer. I think it might be a Cache full, or browser not up to date.

For those of you with subscription problems, I would suggest you check the subscription type (Quick Links > Subscribed Threads) and see if it is still as you had it before the upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.6 :)

Sorry about the size of the screenie, it was taken on the rubbish college computers :(

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  13. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I have also been having this problem over the past 3 days - what Gaskell demoed in post #12 I think it is

14. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Im having the same red cross problem. Have been for a while now :(

15. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I can only say one thing...

HKF!!!!!!! :p :D

16. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Gaskell, regarding your pic, that's just what it looks like when I open my journal. It's only happening in the journal, though, not anywhere else.

It is VERY annoying. Cache full? I don't think I have that problem. I don't know about subscription problems, though.