Weightlifting / fitness aps

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dead_pool, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Has anyone got any tracking apps to recommend?

Ive been using a free one to track my lifting but it only shows progress via max lifts not rep increase etc, and so its only semi usefull,

Lifting or cardio ones will be good to hear about?

2. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

For tracking all I use is a notepad. I love looking through my old notepads and seeing how I've improved and seeing how my training has evolved :)

The only app I use is an adjustable round timer. I love that app lol Great for circuit training :)

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I use Run Keeper for running and the odd bit of other cardio I do. Although it's called Run Keeper you can choose other activities (bike, row etc etc).

A lot of people rate Endomondo. Zombies, Run looks good! :)

I use UltraTrainer as a round timer. I got a whole bunch originally but it seemed the most flexible at the time and I could put all sorts of different rounds with different times for each round. Bit fiddly at the start, but better than the other ones I tried.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  4. RaKzaroK

RaKzaroK Valued Member

Hey Fusen.
    Jefit, use this, have fun.

It has pretty much everything:
    -it keeps your logs in its own website so you can uninstall the app and then have your logs again
    -you can check your logs for every training day or for every exercise individually easily
    -it calculates your estimated 1RM (not really accurate after 8+ reps, maybe 10+, maybe 12+) for every exercise
    -it notifies you when you've got a new estimated 1RM
    -it has a built-in rest timer and a countdown "widget"
    -you can create new exercises etc etc etc.

I've been using this for 3-4 years, if you start using it and have any questions, give me a "call".

Also, Interval Timer AD for circuit training, HIIT, Tabata etc.

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I use Garmin Connect to monitor my running, but for that you'd need a Garmin GPS watch. I'm a list/numbers geek, so being able to chart my progress with stats and graphs makes me happy.

For lifting I use Fitocracy for fun and a notepad for progress. I did use an Excel spreadsheet when I was doing 5/3/1.

6. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

zombies run was fun for about 3 runs. now it just bores me. Run keeper is a great app. if you have a Samsung, their s fit is really good.