weighted squats make my feet hurt

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Thelistmaker, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I've recently switched to high weight low rep in squats and dead lifts. before this I was doing light weights with high reps.

Lifting now makes the arches of my feet hurt. I've tried with shoes, without shoes, with slippers, but they still hurt. I have high arches.

Any advice? i was thinking of some sort of foot wrap.

2. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Hmm. How's your form? The weight should be on your heels so I don't get how you cam be feeling it on your arches.

3. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

As far as i know my form is very good. I've not paid attention to where my weight is centered though, next time I'm at he gym I'll experiment.

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

You should be able to wiggle your toes at the bottom of a squat. Lots of people- including me for quite some time- lift with bad technique without really knowing it.

5. Plimft

Plimft Valued Member

Knight Errant is bang on there, sounds like your weight is over the front of your foot. Plant your weight through your heel and push the ground away rather than lift the weight, you should have better feet almost right away!

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Viddy of squatting please :)

7. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Regarding any foot, ankle, or knee problems I've found that massaging the fascia of your feet releases a lot of tension.

Of course that's something I would supplement with improving your form.

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Get us a video.