Wee Kee Jin

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by 23rdwave, Nov 3, 2015.

1. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

I was great at rugby and you sucked at cricket. That's telling. I have clicked on your link before. I know who you are and what you do. I am not here to criticize your practice or your martial beliefs. You are here to criticize mine. Something you do to many on this site. Calgary is hardly a martial arts hot zone. Why don't you come to Northern California and learn the real gong fu? Or contact Sam Tam in Vancouver. One meeting will change your life...for the better.

I use to think like you do. Who doesn't? But when you train this stuff and see the benefits you change your mind. And you can put it in jkd or whatever.

2. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

Were you there when they filmed it? You can write "patsy", "master", "con-man" and "sheeple" as many times as you like but it won't change the fact that you are out of your depth.

When my mom wants to get out of the house I will send her your way for a free lesson. When you get the goods you can finally start charging and call yourself sifu.

3. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Even it's a demo, one still have to show the "usage". Many teachers can demonstrate exactly as they will use in fighting. Some teachers can't. Why don't we spend our training time to train some skill that have more "usage"?

In the following clip, the old man "demonstrated" how to use "捅(Tong) - Striking push" to break away a "clinch". His demo is also his application.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ER9SuagCU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ER9SuagCU[/ame]

Agree! In the above clip, we can clear see that the student tried to regain his balance back.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You mean like I do all the time?

Again you know approximately nothing, other than I don't suffer fools gladly

Calgary actually has an extensive martial arts pedigree - once again displaying a lot of wilful ignorance on your part

I train so called "IMA"....I dont need a side order of snake oil to go with it

5. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

John, if you trained ima the striking push would be a finisher.

You criticize pushing, which is mostly correct to do, for separating one from his opponent. But doesn't the striking push do the same thing?

6. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

You do realize your profile pic isn't you?

If you are ever in Northern California and want to cross hands I'll be there.

But if you can get to Vancouver, do. Sam Tam is the real deal.

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

The fact that all you can do is make personally attacks, rather than state a valid counter arguements really does show the depth of your understanding.

Let your mum know she's always welcome. Also, I'll never charge for lessons, nor want/expect to be sea-food.

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

If both of you could put the rulers away that would be appreciated.

Whether it is or not I'm not sure, but just to be on the safe side, be aware that MAP isn't a place to offer challenges or anything of that sort of thing to other members. Its not tolerated here from anyone.

9. Hannibal

I have trained with plenty of "real deals" thanks

10. Hannibal

For what its worth I didnt see it as a challenge

11. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The "striking push" is used to

- break apart your opponent's grip, but
    - still remain your own grip.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HiJeIV1hEo&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HiJeIV1hEo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I have always believed in to "keep my friend close but my enemy closer." I'm strongly against the idea of "push".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  12. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

It really doesn't sound like it would be does it?

13. Hannibal

14. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Honestly? I have no idea if it was. I am far too sore and far too sleepy to be thinking properly but there's no other mods online so in lieu of a discussion with them I thought screw it :p

15. Hannibal

Better safe than sorry I suppose :)

16. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

It wasn't a challenge. I was offering to share if he is ever in the area.

Hannibal, I get that you think highly of yourself and lowly of everyone else. That's fine without any first hand knowledge. My road training consists of running 1-2 hours while doing 3-5 one arm push ups each arm every 5-10 minutes. My best is 4 per arm every 5 minutes in an hour for 96 oapu in 60 minutes and 5 each arm every 10 minutes for 120 oapu in 120 minutes. Not too bad for a 5' 9.5 190lb 48 year old.

You are right that I don't know the depth of the martial art scene in Calgary. But you may be the only one who thinks the arts are more established and profound in Calgary than in San Francisco or Los Angeles.

I am only interested at getting better at what I do. That's why I came here to share. If you aren't the top guy in your area you should be looking to train with him or her. If you are? Awesome. Hopefully your students appreciate how lucky they are. I feel very fortunate to have found my han shi yi quan group. I was chasing ghosts before I found them.

17. Hannibal

Go through my posts and show me where I said ANY of the above....

Can't can you?

For someone who claims to have an insight on me you cmearly are not paying ANY attention. Here is a clue; guess where I was this summer?

I do not think low of everyone else, but you are right that I do think highly of myself because I am proud of what I have acheived.....I also think little of myself because I train with and under people who show me exactly how far along this path I have to go

Leaving aside the strawmen you have created, what specifically have I said that is wrong? Because if you look at the thread the opposition does not come strongest from my quarters

Also, as we have zero idea who you actually are and you have never posted ANY footage of yourself we only have your say so on what you can do....and face value isnt worth much

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  18. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Since we are looking at this clip, I just want to ask this question.

Can this person in the following clip be able to use his "push" skill to win a Sumo match in the ring?

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MF8CDgQtRY8[/ame]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  19. 23rdwave

23rdwave Valued Member

You changed the question before I could answer. So I will answer your original query.

He can handle anything you can throw at him.

Sam Tam's father was a doctor in the Chinese armed forces in the 1940's-50's and he arranged for Sam to receive instruction from high level military martial arts teachers including Lau Fat Mang (Eagle Claw), Han Xingyuan (Yiquan, Xingyiquan, Baguazhang), Yu Pengxi (Yiquan), Chang Dongshen (Shuaijiao), Zhang Xiang Wu (Taijiquan, Xingyiquan, Baguazhang) and Qi Jiangtao (Taijiquan).

20. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Mines is :evil: