website

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by mike-IHF, Dec 9, 2004.

1. mike-IHF

mike-IHF Valued Member

Hello all,

I have just started teaching here in VA, since my move back here from Florida. I wanted to give everyone the url to my website so they could check it out. Keep in mined this is just a basic website I did myself through verizon. It's just a starting point to get some advertisement out there. If you have any questions, or comments about the site or the art. Please send an e-mail to the link provided on the contact us page. Or write a reply on the the thread here and I'll write back asap. Heres the link.

Http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeoa2dl/hapkiyoosoolofnorthernvirginia.

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

I think the website is pretty good... I like the pictures and commentary. It's nice to learn a bit about the people in your style (I'm still always happy to see the IHF emblem that you use... it's the same one I wore in Korea)
    Good luck with your classes and I hope the school prospers as you and your students grow and learn even more!

3. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

I think it is wonderful that you give information about the head instructor. Too many websites don't give enough info, and frankly, if I am going to trust you to teach me I want to know your qualifications. I can't believe how many MA websites never mention the instructors - always makes me a little skeptical.

Good job! :)

4. evilkingston

evilkingston 필요악

first of all, like the site. it looks good and it's all pretty clear except one thing (quote from the site):

"I am thrilled to bring the art of Hapkiyoosool to northern Virginia. I teach my students exactly how I learned from Master Jeff Allen (5th dan), and Grandmaster Jang Young-Shil (9th dan) and president of the International Hapkido Federation".

because i'm a member of IHF myself, i found it very strange to read GM Jang Young-Shil as president, because on my membercard it says:: president (doju) Jae-Nam Myong...

are there 2 IHF's or is there something else wrong? btw: the logo is the same!

this is no criticism... just curiosity... ;)

5. mike-IHF

mike-IHF Valued Member

reply,

evilkingston, Yes I understand your question. I'll try to explain it the best way I can. Back in the day when Grandmaster's Jang Young-Shil, Myung Jae-Nam, and Bong Soo-Han were all training. Ji Han Jae was at that time the highest instructor under Choi Young-Sul. In the late 50's when Ji Han-Jae left to open is own school Myung Jae-Nam started a federation called the, Han Kuk Hapki Sool Hoi. You can see the picture of it on my website. The main members of this federation were Grandmaster's Myung, Jang, and Han Bong-Soo. Then later everyone broke off from each other and started there own International Hapkido Federation. Myung Jae nam started his. Bong Soo-Han started his when he came to the U.S. And Grandmaster Jang Young-Shil started his headquarters in Pyongtaek south Korea. So you see at one point those three grandmasters were all part of the same group, and were all three really good friends with each other. So basically back then neither one of them cared that they were all sharing the same federation name. The schools however are registered under different names. Grandmaster Jang's headquarters is listed with the Korean goverment as Dae Dong Ryu Hapkiyoosool. I hope I answered your question. Also if you look at the picture of the guys in the snow covered water on my website. It's hard to see unless you see it at full size. But none the less All four Grandmasters are in that picture. Myung, Jang, Soo, and Ji.

6. evilkingston

evilkingston 필요악

aha
    very interesting
    i learned something new today :)
    so, myung jae nam being dead and leaving everything to his son, who of the official 4 are still alive?
    + do they still come in contact with each other or are they never seeing eachother again...
    because we all use the same IHFlogo, i suppose they are still getting along?

7. mike-IHF

mike-IHF Valued Member

evilkingston,

I'm not sure what you mean by official 4. But anyway, as far as I know they all still get along. I know Grandmaster Jang and Bong Soo-Han still talk on ocassion. However for some reason some of the new generation of ppl under Myung's IHF seem to have a problem with other Federations having the same patch. These arguements never went on when Myung Jae-Nam was still alive. Infact Grandmaster Jang, and Myung were really close friends. But it seems now adays ppl want to fight, and bicker about this. I have no idea why. Some ppl from Myung Jae-Nams federation have even sent nasty mail to Grandmaster Jang saying that he should stop using their patch. His reply, "come to my Dojang and tell me I can't use the patch." to this day no one has shown up. Go figure.

8. evilkingston

evilkingston 필요악

my mistake, i meant 3, from your quote:
    "So you see at one point those three grandmasters were all part of the same group, and were all three really good friends with each other."

who, who? let's throw some oil on the fire :woo: :eek: :D if you can't tell me who, tell me from where (me being Belgian, hoping it's the Dutch guys - it's a Belgian thing, like between the British and the French!, or everybody and the French for that matter :D )

:D LOL :p hahahahahaha, great!

9. mike-IHF

mike-IHF Valued Member

evilkingston,

As far as I know it's mainly ppl from the Yong-In school that have said these things. I don't know why, and really I don't care. If there is one thing Grandmaster Jang, and Master Allen have taught me it is to be Humble. If other ppl want to waste their time fighting over a patch instead of training, then they are the one's loosing out on the bigger picture. Like I said most of the students of Choi Young_sul did not argue about this stuff. But this generation seems to have nothing better to do. But anyway. to each his own I guess. All I care about is continueing my training, and teach my students what I have learned. That's all. It has been nice talking with you, I can see you are a respectful person. There are alot of ppl that would just want to start a flame war over this type of stuff. But now I see ppl like you that can actually communicate like adults. Thanks for the reply.

By the way. We have a student of Grandmaster Jang who teaches in germany. Master Cho. If you send Master Allen an e-mail at Hapkiyoosool@msn.com. he could probably tell you where Master Cho's school is. I know the train stystems are pretty good there, so it probably would not be too long of a trip if you wanted to check out his school. Talk to you later.

10. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

That's a great post and awesome sentiment. I hope I get to meet you someday and train together.

11. Coreo

Coreo New Member

Great site. I wish you the best of luck!

12. mike-IHF

mike-IHF Valued Member

reply,

Thomas and Coreo,

Thank you for your replies. They are very much appreciated. I also hope to train with some of you in the future. "namaste"

13. evilkingston

evilkingston 필요악

thanx for the info, but I am very happy with the club I am in now, I study under Jan Meybosh, a direct student of the late GM Myong Jae Nam.
    I'll ask him if he knows the club and if it's far away and maybe we could check out if they do demo's nearby (because Germany is closeby it could ofcourse be still far away, Antwerp for a fact is a 9hour drive from Berlin!)

talk to you later

KI