Weak left shoulder?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by parker pen, Feb 4, 2004.

1. parker pen

parker pen New Member

Yesterday, whilst sparring, I had a hard time keeping my left hand up, the guy I was sparring with said this was due to a weak left shoulder.

I don't know if that's true - I didn't ask my trainer, yet.

Is it true? If it is, how can I improve it. My right shoulder seems to be fine.

2. Rob_InDaUk

Rob_InDaUk Grandmaster Sandwich

Hmmm, thats a tricky one. I can't answer this without my trusty crystal ball
    :rolleyes:

3. JurassicWarrior

JurassicWarrior New Member

I can. I wrecked mine in an automobile accident. I have the same thing. While it may have to do w/which hand you use. I know for a fact I can not throw left hooks to good(except for body height ones). But it does not hinder regular punches(straights, jabs, uppercuts) so I use that side for backfists, jabs, anyhting that is light, except for elbows, which I put everything into and utilize uppercutlike. I also use that side for forearm smashes, facerakes(on a heavybag?). I am an ambidextrous so realistically, my straight reverse punch seems to do the same thing from either side. I'm a karate player so I obviously don't know all the boxing punches' names or how they're executed so I can not say anything about all of them. Albeit I do practice a hook punch in my style But I prefer to use my knee, a move I know will work as opposed to a left hook which may hurt the guy but could pop my shoulder out. Try talking to a sports medicine guy or your doctor if the problem is w/an injury. Hope this helps