We Love Map

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by cavallin, Jul 14, 2005.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i think that MAP should get some credit now and then. i thought i would start this to get people to appreciate it and write some nice stories about how MAP has helped you, or been really nice and cheered you up.
    there are some truly decent people on here and i want to say that it's nice that everyone will always be here and there will always be someone here to make you feel better or support you in hard times.
    say thank you
    tell us your nice stories due to MAP
    :) wow happiness all round today! :)

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The individuals who make up MAP are really great. I imagine the guys who started it never imagined it would become what it has and attracted all the people it has. There are just too many to thank everyone who has contributed to something that has helped me over the years. Who knows how big this will become.

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i think the fact 'that MAP is around and always growing' says it all. it's a place where you can discuss and learn so many things, and the most important thing of all is that so many people take it seriously.

4. Azeotrope

Azeotrope Valued Member

It's such a diverse community, that there is always something to learn from someone. As a beginner, it's nice to hear from non-experts as well as authorities in the various MA represented here.

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I have found that I learn alot about martial arts on MAP. However, I don't learn much martial arts (if you know what I mean) by typing rather than practicing. However, the folks on MAP collectively and continually inspire me to constantly step my training up, to improve techniques, training exercises, work on basics, and all around become a better martial artist. I know it kind of sounds stupid, but since I started checking out MAP, I have been inspired to renew my effort, and have been consistently sore at least twice a week (which didn't really happen that often before). Props go out to shen yin for his emphatic posts on kung fu, to baikaiguy for inspiring a practical modern approach to kung fu, and to all the mods who do an awesome job of moderating, directing threads, and sin binning the weiners promptly and firmly.

6. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

well isn't it funny how i started this thread, and now i owe it to a lot of MAP members to have helped me through a rough time. i think 90% of the members here are really nice people, the kind you don't often meet. so thank you guys for cheering me up a little.
    i have also learned a lot from MAp. through all the negative comments made about TKD, because it made me think about my art a lot and wondered why so many people think like that. it made me realise that im really lucky to have a fantastic TKD club. it has also made me grown up about the fact that just because i do TKD it doesn't mean that it's the best.
    it might sound silly, but a lot of people who have never done MA and love their new clubs often think that. i've seen it in various places. i now prefer to opt for the option that there is only such a thing as the best martial art FOR YOU.
    also when i've read a lot of negative threads about katas, it made me doubt them, until i started to really understand them, and i went to a seminar that opened my eyes, and just generally asked more questions to my instructor, and my faith in them was renewed, to a better extent.
    so you could say that all these negative threads have encouraged me to find out a lot more about my art, understand it much better, which is great! it's really cool to think something negative has turned into something positive, and i bet people never knew that would be their effect!
    apart from that, it's also a place where i can stay in touch with what is happening in the TAGB even more and discuss things in as great a depth as i wish, without anyone branding you a martial arts freak!! :D

7. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Yes Cavallin, you right there are some great ppl...

...here on map and I'd like to thank you, knightcommander and baubin2 on helping me through some of my tough times here and in real life. Its also nice to see how the mods deal with problems so quickly and efficiently on here and I'd like to say a personal thank you to Saz for that nice PM she send me concerning a recent event here on MAP. Also, thanks to Yoda, who when I first got on here was helpful with lots of questions I had.

Great to know ppl are open-minded (mostly)on here and I forgive the few that like to cause grief. :D Overall, a nice place to share your oppinions, ask for information concerning MA's and discover ppl.

Christian

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  8. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Thank you to Yoda, KickChick, and all the other higher-ups for offering me the opportunity to moderate one of the most interesting sections at one of the most interesting sites around.

Thanks to Blessed Samurai and McG for being the other two H&F Mod amigos. You guys are awesome, and if you're ever in N.Y., we'll go lift something heavy.

Thanks to all the other MAP'ers, for building a true community. Every morning I wake up, I can't wait to see what's going on with you all. (Is that obsessive?) ;)

9. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I was planning on making a thread of my own in a bunch of months, over at H&F thanking everyone. But I guess ill prelude it here.

I came to this site a mega-noob. I hadn't the slightest clue on how to train for the martial arts. Through the knowledge of the H&F mods I learned incredible amounts of stuff, was introduced to other websites such as T-nation and AvantLabs. I really cant thank you guys enough for the help.

Obviously I have to thank the people upstairs who make this site possible.

I joined 24-Mar-2005 a noob who believed in high reps to tone, now look at me! :eek:

thanks MAP