We don't need no stinking instruction!

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by The Unholy, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Humph..... they've got nothing on me dude..

2. Hissatsu

Hissatsu End of the Road: Moved On

New Note:

Don has now sent me something. Just FYI again.

-Daniel

3. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

Please can we have a vote to shut this thread? Its really not going in any good direction...

Regards / Skuggvarg

4. Dean Winchester

No need to shut it just needs a mod saying OI stay on topic.

5. The Unholy

The Unholy Banned Banned

To put it clearer, Garth is a yapping little dog filled with resentment but lacks the guts to take a decent target head on. You can count on him to savage the ankles of folks when they are distracted and go for blood when he can.

There are some like Rubber Tanto that may be persistent in their questions, especially if they think the other person is ducking an issue, but they honestly want an answer. People like Garth take advantage of things to make life hell for those they harbor resentment against. I have taken him down a few pegs when he was wrong, as he frequently is, and showed that he was not a knowledgeable as he wants everyone to think. He will never forgive me for that.

In response to the question about my experiences with violence, my answer is that I have damn good reasons to not talk about it in public but I am confident enough to make an offer in this thread to Ralph Severe and he backed down.

Garth has seen a hint of the type of stuff I don't want out there. I made it clear that I would never let him see the stuff himself since he is such a petty little troll that I was sure anything he saw would soon be public.

After seeing how he is acting, can anyone say I am wrong about that?

So since Garth knows I do not want even a hint of what is in the PM made public he is using that as his tactic now. If anyone was unaware that he is a yapping little dog, his posts for the last few hours illustrated it.

My answer to questions about my experience stand, nothing I will talk about on an open forum but enough that I was confident enough to make Ralph Severe back down.

Now, can we get on to screaming about something else?

6. garth

garth Valued Member

Don Roley posted

As you lack the ability to even post your experience of self defence situations you have been in on line.

You were asked don what your experience was in this area by several people. you have failed again and again to provide evidence of your experience. Instead you have posted a PM to me saying you will provide evidence to another person that i am not priviliged to see.

And your justification is that I am not honest enough to view it. To be honest you remind me of DJ Dream maker. The way you are going on its like you were once part of some secret CIA operation.

Who knows maybe you were, but we will never know because its secret to all of us here. Instead we have to take your word that you have the experience to talk about real self protection because unlike everyone else here you are exempt from the process anyone else has to go through when they are asked about their experience.

Why do you have special dispensations?

Which of course you are, as has been pointed out to you by me and others here on this thread.

Well who says I dont, you?

Its very simple Don. If you claim to be an authority on something you can hardly moan when someone asks for your experience in these matters. You have ducked and dived over this issue again and again.

The easy way Don to prove that you have experience is to tell us when you have used real self defence. As I say you dont have to mention names, dates, places just the general idea of what happened and what you did.

I dont harbour resentment for anyone. Its you that keeps saying how people hate you, or how people are out to get you.

Continued

7. garth

garth Valued Member

Yep i'm quite willing to admit I am wrong over many things, as my wife keeps reminding me.

I'll even go so far as to say that yes Don you have shown me to be wrong in the past. I thank you for that. I'm not scared to admit when i am wrong.

Why do you say that Don? see above.

Can you provide a link?

I havent seen a a hint of anything. All you have said is that you do not want it in the public domain. Anyone can say that Don. It does not hint at anything.

If you said "Look I cant mention too much as it involves the governement work I did whilst in the army" then that would be a hint.

Saying "I dont want it in the public domain" is not a hint. Its just saying I dont want to talk about it. Which is the same as saying "I am not going to back up what I say"

And thats part of the problem. (Love the insult by the way) You want me to accept that you have experience in real self defence without me seeing any evidence. And based on that you win 100,000 dollars.

I think they need to read what you wrote to me in a PM.

Don i'll explain this again to you very simply.

I have never said you are a liar about your background. What I have said is that based on your elusiveness of you failing to provide to myself, hissatsu and others evidence (By this I mean stories) of your experience it appears that you have no experience to give us.

Get that Don "Appears"

The easiest thing to do would be to give us the evidence.

It does not matter one iota if you have more experience than me, or anyone else. It does not matter if I have had no martial arts experience in martial arts or self protection whatsoever. If you make a claim of your knowledge the burden of proof lies with you, NOT with me.

And yes Don I would be absolutely silly to put up 100,000 dollars in a bet, because who knows maybe you have tons of experience. Maybe you have more experience than all of us on MAP put together.

But thats not the point of this. I am not saying that I have more experience than you. If I did then your PM would be totally relevant but as I havent said that and instead just asked for your background in this field (Self defence situations) the burden of proof is yours to produce.

Actually Don your using your PM is a tactic to suggest that you have proved me wrong and that you have put me in a position where I am wimping out. And more than this you have set this up in such a way that there is no way that any sane person would make a bet on what you have suggested.

In short you are saying "Lets have a game of poker, but you never get to see the winning hand"

No one but no one is going to make a bet with those conditions.

As I have said again and again. Post the PM here and let me deal with it. But of course you wont because your excuse is that it is secret. And the evidence you will provide will never be seen by me.

I have nothing to hide Don why have you?

Post the source Don, i'd like to look at that.

Oh you would love that wouldnt you. that awkward question about your self defence background has come up, and now you want to move on hoping that I will now ignore it after your PM.

Don what experience do you have in Real Self Protection, for all of us to see.

Garth

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  8. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

Don,

In one of my posts on this thread i started out by stating very clearly what my background was and was not. It was very simple, really. All had to do was man up and state the truth. *shrug*

Why don't you just do the same, if only to silence Garth and whomever else.

I really don't see what the problem is. And don't give me any "government secrets" crap either; i had enough of those BLATANT LIES from douche bags like Phil Legare:

Phil: "You know, i used to work for the NSA."

Mark: "Really? Did you work in the mail room?"

Now that my grown up stuff is done for the day i can devote my full attention to playing with you guys.

Mark Spada

9. Dean Winchester

Lol

Garth,

Why not just answer the pm one way or another?

Please don't come back with some excuse about it being about being open and honest with the rest of the forum, from you that just wouldn't wash!

It's been done so you can get the confirmation you want from a source you should trust.
    If you really want to know you can but you won't get details that's all, because you are not trusted.

I'm impressed to be honest, things have been organised to meet everyones ( who have been contacted) concerns.

You Gary are just hiding behind the forum you have the chance for answers. If it's not that important to you fine I can understand that, really I can I wouldn't consider such a thing important enough but you make all this fuss so it makes me think it is.

Then I look at your history of trying to score points even to the extent of contradicting yourself and think meh it's just about publicity for you.

All you are doing is buggering around because you've been called.

10. garth

garth Valued Member

Dean Winchester posted

because it puts me in a no win situation.

Tell me would you stump up 100,000 dollars on evidence that you yourself will never see?

Actually i'm calling Don.

its easy Don posts his experience here and he can shut me and everyone else up.

But as he is hiding behind PMs that are only available to his friends (people that supprt his views) and I am not allowed to forward to anyone else as MY WITNESSES, he is setting it up in such a way that I am put in a difficult situation.

I am not going to post the PM as thay would be betraying trust.

yet at the same time i cannot post to anyone else as a witness. And of course i myself never get to see any evidence that don provides because its secret. yet on teh ay so of another person i have to stump up 100,000 dollars.

Hardly a fair way to go about things is it?

Garth

11. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I do work in a mail room and some of my staff do have learning difficulties, thanks for being understanding. I mean they aren't like real people, useless eaters and all that. It's fine to mock them or mock others by comparing them to them.

12. Dean Winchester

Hi,

I'd like to have a bash if you don't mind?

This is nothing to do with "state secret" type stuff, just stuff that should remain private that is all.

Don has rather cleverly, IMO, organised for Gary to have his queries adressed but without giving him details that he (Don) feels Gary can't be trusted with. This I agree with Gary probably couldn't be trusted with such things.

I know you don't know me from the next guy and I appreciate you being skeptical and this is a tricky thing for others to follow but to me Garth's attempts to make everything public is just his way of avoiding things.

Yes I know you only have my word against his on this but just keep in mind that I am somewhat impartial here, I have had very little contact with Don outside of this issue. In short I don't have much of a dog in this race.

13. Dean Winchester

Gary if you're not that bothered let it drop, it is simple.
    To be honest I wouldn't do it but then I don't put so much "value" in such debates.

It is all nice and easy when it is words on the net but it gets trickier when you have to actually have to stand by what you say.

Funny enough Don is ready to do this even in such a way to put himself at a disadvantage. His only thing is it remains between you and him, and of course the few witnesses which have been chosen.

Now stop dragging this out and either shut up or put up, either way is fine to me just stop derailing things and avoiding the issue. Everyone else has no impact on the PM between yourself and Don, deal with it or don't just stop stalling.

14. Decision Tree

Decision Tree Valued Member

I can kinda see what Don has done.

1. Posted his 'self defence' experience via PM to Norm and some select others.
    2. Garth has the option to ask Norm, his instructor whether Don has 'self defence' experience. As his teacher, and given Norm's experience, Garth should trust his opinion on the matter.
    3. Garth is put into a situation where he can verify through his teacher without actually getting the info.

Not sure about the $10,000 thing, it seems just stupid. What would Garth's wife say if he lost that on an internet debate?! haha. My fiance would go mental!

It's quite smart really. It puts Garth in a very arkward situation. Although it's a great play, Don, I would relax wih the insults a little. Your position would be stronger if you did.

If the above is kinda where it's at.. perhaps the solution would be for Norm, or one of the others Don sent a message, to just put his opinion on the forum as to Don's experience. Not that I personally care about Don's experience or lack of experience.

15. garth

garth Valued Member

Dean Winchester posted

I just want Don to post his experience in real combat as otheres do. its no big deal to me, i just find it so funny that don is ducking and diving to not answer the question that has been posed by myself and others.

Most people wouldnt.

I agree so why is Don not standing by what he says.

The point your missing here Dean is that I have not made a claim. I am also not talking from experience on such matters as real self protection situations. Don is.

Therefore i dont have to stand by anything, Don does.

What disadvantage?

Again what you are missing is this is not about who has the most experience its about Don backing up his claims about real self protection. Why do you not get this?

Dean i dont have to put anything up, i have not made a claim.

Sorry whos avoiding the issue?

I'm not stalling Dean. I think don is. After all he has failed to answer the question posed by myself and others and want me to enter a bet you yourself has said that you wouldnt do.

Why should I do something you wont?

Garth

16. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Jebus, there are people reporting posts left, right and centre on this thread.

From what I've read, it's descended into the usual bickering and name calling that isn't going to get resolved so I'm going to lock it.

If any of the ninja mods want to try and salvage or re-open this thread, I'll leave it to their good judgement, but in the mean time - I recommend a cold shower and a stiff drink for all concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.