WCJJO FAQ

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Pretty In Pink, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I was thinking about competing in this, then I seen this line:

http://wcjjo.org/answers/

I'm a vampire apparently.

Seriously though, a knock out is a valid form of winning, so why with the snide comment?

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's just a bad rep the sport has. TV likes blood

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

To encourage wjf types to enter, to discourage mma types from entering, thus maximising the cash income for the comp organisers.

4. Pretty In Pink

I might go and choke some fools then.

5. Dead_pool

Sounds like a plan, im guessing if there's no penlty for stepping of the mat, single legs etc will need to bestarted from the middle of the mat.

6. Pretty In Pink

Yeah I wasn't sure about that. It does sound alright though, just shooting straight for a double, then proceed to do whatever I want. I'll probably enter as a black belt for giggles.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I nearly got entered for something similar to this years ago. But not enough people turned up to make it a viable contest or some rubbish.
    Similar-ish rules, but yeah, I was confused on how to win with strikes if only light/medium contact.
    So the rules seems (like this one) to favour the grappler.

8. Dead_pool

Or the rules favour flicky punches and running out of bounds to avoid the takedown.

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

one might also suggest that WCJJO sport ju-jitsu is MMA without the conditioning and heart.

10. bigreddog

bigreddog Valued Member

Done a bit of this - it is controlled contact striking, so to win with strikes it is point based. Time on the ground is limited, so winning with a sub means you need to be quick. Nothing in the rules meant to maximise earnings for organisers...minority sport, small numbers of competitors etc. So no one making money out of it as far as I have seen

If you want mma, I'd do mma. This is a rule set for those who don't want full contact, eg because they are building up to it, or because they have concerns around injury. I do it because although I train with an mma club, and like to compete, repeated heavy sparring isn't compatible with the rest of my life (kids, mortgage etc)

Like all competitions it is a rule set. Somewhere between tai chi push hands and bare knuckle pit fighting you can find the right level for you :)