WC Demo

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Angelus, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

I Thought it was interesting.
    Enjoy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7wDsaMsypk&mode=related&search="]Wing Chun Kung Fu Force Generation (AWESOME!) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

it was aiight

3. DRMA

DRMA Valued Member

I hate these demos. I mean take the first technique if you put your weight into a push kick and hit someone on one leg well what is special about that. The other stuff is just basic techniques where overly compliant attacks exagerate (by putting themselves into unnatural overballanced positions in the first place) what power of their adverseary has.

4. UninspiredUser

UninspiredUser Valued Member

Hahaha, yep. That video is actually Jimmy Fung. I hate to be one of those "Your Wing Chun is fake!" guys, but really, it is. Jim Fung has done a couple of videos where he uses his "one inch punch" to knock someone through gyprock. I know it's fake because one of the people who was good punched in one of his videos got paid, he went to the same club as me, hahaha.

You can just look at some of the videos on his site http://www.wingchun.com.au/ (I think they might be on youtube aswell) and there's one video of him doing a wooden dummy form, he does it really badly though, hunches over alot. Anyway you might just wanna check around his site and see what you think.

We've had a few students transfer from one of Jim Fung's places to where I train, none of them that I know where very good when they arrived. The very small amount of his students that i've met at school talk crap and fight badly.

5. Yohan

The main thing I noticed was that the guy who was standing on the sugar cube and pushing the guy had no root. He was just leaning into the guy.

6. CFT

CFT Valued Member

Tsui Shong Tin is a 1st generation Yip Man student, so let's not jump to conclusions. The man is reputed to have good structure/mechanics, something which is not always apparent in videos. Heck, I have touched with people who have good structure in the context of testing said structure and I would have sworn blind that they were leaning. But if you remove the force they don't fall forward. It can look like leaning because they are sinking into their stance as the force comes in.

7. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

Ha ahahaha.....hmmmmm....... sorry but that was funny.
    The guys going through the sheet board or wahtever it was, was bad acting.......take kung fu demos in a public setting with a heap of salt.

I'm sure the members are skilled in certain areas, but I would be more impressed with someone actually resisting somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  8. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

This is what i cant understand why is there so many clubs or sifus out there that do this, yeah it looks good , flashy but in realism they arent going to "pull as many customers" in with unrealistic movie fu demo footage..There is just no point in my eyes , i would much rather see some real kung fu beign taught.

9. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Tis the same as a thoasand demos. They are all like this from Aikido to Tang Soo Do, because Form's aren't that impressive and they can't just spar as that tends to get accused of being too martial, so they do dodgey demo's like this. It's just another bad one. Never seen much of the guy but after Uninspired mentioned him he does look a bit poor.

10. Yohan

Perhaps you are right.