Washington Martial Art Studios?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Theme57, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Theme57

Theme57 Valued Member

TL-DR: Looking for a studio that prioritizes self defense near Seattle/Bothell. In order of importance: Kali/Silat, Jun Fan and Savate. I can only attend two days a week and can easily handle back to back classes.

I just moved to Bothell in Washington State and previously trained at The Way of No Way in California. I trained in Muay Thai, Savate, Jun Fan, BJJ, MMA, and Kali/Silat under Sifu Reza and his instructors. Kali/Silat I liked the best, Jun Fan as a close second and Savate as a third due to it helping my footwork the best.

For anyone who lives near Seattle, what are some good gyms that have good instructors for these arts? Any single location worth taking a look at? I would be training primarily for self defense and to have better control of power. I had a hard time finding a middle ground while sparring with different classmates. Budget wise, I am currently a student could make room for two days a week in classes, but could attend back to back classes each day.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

3. Theme57

Theme57 Valued Member

How good is Andy and the rest of the instructors?