Was this kid legitimently better than me or could have i won???

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by WrestelingIsfun, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrestelingIsfun

WrestelingIsfun New Member

around 2 months ago I went to the JV county's wresting torment. I wasn't even supposed to go but the 182 starter got hurt and I weighed around 163 at the time and I was went. anyway I won the first match against the lowest seed(it was a 12 man bracket of all the county starters). I lost my second against the second seed. I won the third match against the 6th seed(im the 7th). then after then I was supposed to face the 4th seed but he left the torment with a few teammates in different weight classes for some reason, probably mad at a ref for a bad call, so I got a forfeit win, then after that I faced the 3rd seed and lost. I ended up taking 4th in jv county's whice I was really surprised by, I expected to maybe get passed the first round tbh but not place (in an admittedly not very hard bracket)I have ocd about loosing. im perfectly fine loosing to someone a lot better than me, but when its a close or somewhat close match I feel terrible about the loss. I watch the videoe and think about things I could have done differently to win. the second seed was really good and way better than me. the 3rd seed wasn't nearly as good but still good. I feel really bad about the loss even though it was a while ago. I mean he did pin the 6th seed in 1 min and I beat the same kid 5-0(I couldn't pin the kid he pined in 1 min) and had a 16-5 record and my record was 5-8 but I still feel I could have won, here's the vid... im the kid in the maroon singlet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvfFaPnGeo-X2RseEVsaXhTc0E/view?usp=sharing

as you saw he messed up on his shot and I got the first takedown. then after that I pretty much woke up a sleeping giant and it went downhill from there. do you think if I wrestled better I could have won(by the way I never shoot my strategy is snap downs and locking hands and sprawling, I have never shot in a match before). Do you think this kid was legitimately better than me and he just messed up his shot and and I got a lucky first takedown or I could have won? and yes I know I suck at getting off my back and should have fought off, in some recent offseason torment's ive been doing better at that. also here's the match of me beating the 6th seed 5-0(which the kid in the vid above pined in 1 min something) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwvfFaPnGeo-bHVpdFdpU3VQM2s/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP WrestelingIsFun.

I am going to close this thread as you already posted it in the wrestling forum. Please note that posting the same post in multiple areas of the forum is considered cross posting and against the Terms of Service of MAP.

I look forward to reading the responses of people to this in the wrestling area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.