Was Lincoln Gay?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Paratus, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

I'm not trying to make any controversial thread or anything, but I thought this was very interesting: http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/49/news-ireland.php

Just think of all the gay marriage controversy (in the states) now, and there's a pretty good possibility that there's already been a gay president :D ;)

Anyway, let the thoughts pour on out on this, I'd like to hear what people think

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I think that the first episode of Family Guy proves that Lincoln was in fact, straight.

PL

3. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

I would be very wary of claims that Lincoln is gay unless they find some real evidence. It seems to be the in thing to call famous people gay.

For example, there was some article or something recently that claimed one of the famous composers, possibly Chopin or Schumann, or Schubert - I don't remember - was gay. My cousin, who's getting his PhD in musicology has a professor who heavily reasearched that composer and wrote a book on him. He was absolutely outraged at that claim, because in all his studies, he found absolutely nothing to back it up.

It's easy to interpret things as more meaningful than they really are, like in The DaVinci Code (sorry, I just saw a history channel special on it two nights ago. I've never actually read the book).

4. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

More Johnny Reb propaganda! :rolleyes:

Darn those Confederates! :D

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I know that there was one American president who never married, and he hung out a lot with men. His sister took care of all the duties normally associated with the first lady, i.e. parties, decorating. I think it was Buchanan but I'm not positive.

6. BillyJohnston

BillyJohnston Banned Banned

It is propaganda to destroy the country. It is put out by the overlords of the USA.

It is military theory, found in any military strategy and tactics manual, to destroy the icons, the heroes of the target culture. Lincoln is a hero. Therefore he has to be besmirched. Calling him gay works good.

Same situation with Michael Jackson. He was a hero to a generation of Americans. Now they have successfully painted him as a child molester. Without even proving it in court.

Same situation with the Catholic Church. The church is not a country but a powerful cross country organization. It must be destroyed. Therefore, the overlords use their control of the media and the courts to portray the church as filled with pedophiles, then to bankrupt the organization with hundreds of millions in claims. Sure there are church pedophiles. Just like there are pedophile police and firemen, protestants and jews, British, Americans, French, Isrealis, Japanese, you name it.

But for some reason, only the Catholic Church, a powerful opponent to the overlords, has been singled out for the treatment.

7. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

I'm not sure if he was or not...but tell ya what, the greeks sure as hell were.

8. Emma W

Emma W New Member

lol, have you seen the video to 'gay bar' by electric six? they seem to think that lincon was gay!

9. Dr NinjaBellydance

Dr NinjaBellydance What is your pleasure sir

Why would him being gay make him less of a hero? He still did the same stuff, didnt he?

I thought they were in the process of proving it in court. :confused:

PS lol, LOVE the 'Gay bar' video! :D

10. Kwajman

Uhm, the difference is that the Catholic Church gets a gazillion dollars a year in tax breaks and donations. Plus, being a church, we hold them to a higher standard of trust and honor. Policemen and firemen are just like other people , but a priest? We expect more from our clergy. And actually, here in wisconsin there is a small town who will be losing their status as a tax collecting town because of a lawsuit involving just this type of thing against a policeman. Not to change the subject though.

I personally don't know and don't care if Lincoln or anyone else is gay. Doesn't make any difference to me. Thats why I don't donate to the scouts anymore.

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

What does it matter???

I suppose gay people are considered 'nonpersons' in the finest Stalinist sense. They have fought no battles, held no offices, explored nowhere, written no literature, built nothing, invented nothing and solved no equations.
    ... homosexuals do nothing of consequence.

Let me throw a few names out at you ... http://www.gayheroes.com/main.htm

More about the The Intimate World of Abraham Lincoln also on this page amoung all the other famous 'gay' people in history.

12. Kwajman

Again, Abe was a great guy and suffered trials few men ever have. So whether he was or not is no big deal to me.

13. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

We're on the same page... I don't give to the scouts either for that very reason!