Was Jesus Christ a superhero?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Hiroji, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Well was he?

He fits most of the charater traits... he could fly, heal people, miracle worker, for the people, devine powers, hated by the evil over lords, loved by the needy...

I think he was a super hero first and foremost, and his role as the son of god as man and stone worker second and third in his life.

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Interesting point. Is Thor a superhero in the Marvel comics universe? I mean, his powers are godly rather than an accident of science or genetics - I guess if you consider Thor a superhero, there's little arguement that Jesus isn't.

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

christ!

[​IMG]

anti christ!

[​IMG]

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I heard that for Jesus's second coming his dad will let him pick any power from the X-men that he wants, just to make up for all the athiests he'll have to argue with on the internet.

5. Hiroji

lol nice one Doom! :)

6. Hiroji

I think Jesus is the one and only superhero to have lived on earth. Shame we missed him, would have been cool to hang with him, maybe drink some wine and he could teach me some stonemason work of his, that is of course if he had time out of his busy schedule of saving mankind!

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

He was a chippy not a stonemason

8. Hiroji

I wasn't aware that fish and chips were about back then? having said that Jesus was English so maybe your right MD!

9. Hiroji

BTW i think many jewish people in israel think jesus to have been a stonemason not a chippy, as wood was/is a very scarce thing in Israel.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Carpenter. That's why he had far too much time to think, lazy sod!

11. Topher

Topher allo!

Now there's an independently produced Christian film if I've ever heard of one!

12. Fish Of Doom

is Jesus' weakness..... Christonite?

13. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Nope. He was a Superstar.

14. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

He was a zombie:

He died - laid at rest for three days - then rose again = zombie!!!

15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Nah, that happens to loads of superheroes. They killed off Superman then had him return from the dead - it's standard superhero behaviour.

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Read The Boys by Garth Ennis, in it dead superheroes come back as Zombies which covers both theories nicely.

17. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Which one the guy or his sister?

regards koyo

the yunks won't get this one.

18. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I reckon Jesus was a Pirate. No logical reason, just that everything is better with Pirates.
    How much more fun would the bible be if it had pirates, dinosaurs and ninjas in it. The superhero angle is just dull. Now is he was a pirate superhero, secretly trained by a lost tribe of ninjas hiding in Bethlehem ... AWESOME!!!!!!

The Bear.

19. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

But the dinosaurs would eat all the bears.

regards koyo

20. Fish Of Doom

guys just look at the beard! he was no carpenter, he was a fricking LUMBERJACK!

so we have a zombie pirate lumberjack super messiah! knvrshun plz kthxbai