Warriors Escrima History.

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by MrBlue, Jun 21, 2007.

1. MrBlue

MrBlue New Member

Hi all

ive recently started training in warriors escrima and would like to try and do a bit of background reading on history, culture, technique, anything interesteing really.
    i cant really seem to find many detatils on that particular system though so can anyone recomend any books, dvd, websites etc.

Cheers

Gaz.

2. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

3. MrBlue

MrBlue New Member

no im not training with krishna, im studying with simon campion and several of his apprentice instructors, kit and lun lok mainly (who trained under krishna at some point i believe) in the manchester branch.

Gaz

4. Azazeal

Azazeal Valued Member

As far as I know and was told by his sons, the name was originally used by Inting Carin (of Doce Pares) who was a Teacher of Abner Pasa, who then later used the name when he was teaching in the UK.

5. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

6. bigwoklun

bigwoklun Valued Member

hey there, just to clarify....

Hello!

Correction there....Kit and I are apprentice instructors under Krishna. Simon became a level 7 after he helped us get to level 6. So....not really apprentices under Si......

Thanks
    L

7. MrBlue

MrBlue New Member

cheers :)
    theres some interesting stuff in those links.
    keep em coming :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  8. MrBlue

MrBlue New Member

Mornin lok
    should have picked up that you called me mr blue last night at training :)
    doh.
    was having a good look round krishnas site and he had you down as an apprentice instructor on his affilited instrtucor list which was what i meant with the apprentice thing.
    good lesson last night btw. was speaking to eveyone about the second lesson and most people seem up for it but a bit unsure of the best day to do it, john suggested that we could do a "floating day" and just decide on thursday whats gonna be best for the most people for the extra day the week after.
    what ya rackon?

Gaz.

9. bigwoklun

bigwoklun Valued Member

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for coming back, as long as you enjoy it. Any questions, ask Kit and I or Si on fridays. I have a couple of decent books on FMA in general and some that feature Krishna. A good book would be Masters of the Blade as well. In fact books written by Mark Wiley are also very useful. What we want to do is to use the money paid for the lessons to buy in stuff like sticks, books, dvd's, equipment, seminars etc. So as we build up, we can do this sort of thing. Money in the kitty is always a good thing!

10. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

Hello Guys

Don't foget the book Arnis: History and Methods of the Filipino Martial Arts (Paperback) Wiley, If I remember correctly Master Pasa has an article in there as well.

Gumagalang
    Guro Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net

11. Jonni

Jonni New Member

Alright Gaz, Lun

Great lesson last night, it spilled over for an extra hour or so in my garden again.

I've got some stuff by Mark Wiley you can have a look at.

Lj

12. bigwoklun

bigwoklun Valued Member

Nice one LJ. Glad you enjoyed the class....