Warrior Arts of the Philippines

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Peter, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Peter

Peter Valued Member

Hi Guys

Master Rey Galang of Bakbakan International is about to release a new book entitled Warrior Arts of the Philippines. The book covers indepth articles, interviews, insights and technical information on six major systems of FMA. It covers Balintawak Eskrima, Kali lustrisimo, Lightning Scientific Arnis, Modern Arnis, Lameco Eskrima ans San Miguel Eskrima.

You can find details, including teaser pages on the Bakbakan website at www.bakbakan.com

Yours in FMA

Peter Lewis

www.yuli-romo.com

www.romo-ilustrisimo.co.uk

2. John J

John J Valued Member

Sample banner pages including photos are available for viewing on www.bakbakan.com Just click your way through and a PDF file will come up.

BTW...my understanding is that this will only be the first of several volumes. Subsequent volumes will cover several systems at a time.

What's Peter!

Yours in the Arts,

John G. Jacobo
    www.swacom.com

3. Scarmiglione

Scarmiglione Valued Member

Speaking of the Bakban website, who here is going for the summit/ tounament in October?

4. Scarmiglione

Scarmiglione Valued Member

Rey Galang will be in Red Deer doing a seminar this may YAAAAAAY!

5. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

why not stick the details in the events forum :D

6. Peter

Peter Valued Member

I have recently received my copy of this new book by Master Rey Galang, and it really is filled with depth and quality.

The book not only gives an insight, and pays respect to, the founder's of six prominent systems, but it also continues by giving insights into the lives and skills of the senior instructors who continue the legacy of their mentors. There are literally hundreds of photos of these highly respected Masters and Grandmasters in action. The book uniquely gives students of these legends the opportunity to give respectful insights into their instructors.

Congratulations to Master Rey on yet another excellent source of reference on the Filipino Martial Arts.

Best regards

Peter
    www.yuli-romo.com

7. Tank Gurl

Tank Gurl A Thorny Rose