Warhammer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by munkiejunkie, Jan 1, 2005.

1. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

nids rule and win consume all especialy with the new units comeing out

2. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

<sends nod of approval>

i havnt played for about a year now- it is just too expensive. however i am a HUGE inquisitor fan. it is the best game that GW have ever released: the models are lovely, you can put loads of details into painting, and you have the GM element similar to RPGs. win all round

3. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I've recently dug my old Eldar army out of the closet and started playing again. Ahhh memories...

4. Gongfu Fan

Gongfu Fan New Member

I have a lot of models, but no time to play (or people to play with!). Job takes up too much time... wish I could use the girl excuse, lol. Most of them are still unpainted anyway, and I tend to average about 3 hours just painting one plastic space marine :p

5. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

yepi acted upon what i said for once and bought some nids, when the new codex came out so it was a while age,but i got a bagian, a whole $150 pack second hand, unpainted for $35 score!!!

6. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

Yeh played it about 10 years ago now, when I was 14. Think it was Warhammer 40k....Used to go to the weekly meets at the Games Workshops near me :cool:

Havent played it in years though - might buy the set for my son and have a play though :eek:

7. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i used to play 10 years ago when it first come out, bought the whole big box set.

i used to be the imperial guard as i loved their tanks :D

When the packs went down from supplying 5 soldiers to 4 and jacking up the prices on everything, i quit. I used to love painting and making my own scenery too... then alas, i discovered girls and the fun i could have going outside to play lol :p

i went in a gamesworkshop last year and its a rip off, i was in shock at some of the prices for the smallest of models. The guys that work there look like they've never seen the light of day either

8. murphy81

Yeah most of the guys I have seen in there either have beards, or are crazy.

I had the whole box set aswell, think it was around £40 at the time, but each individual model was £4 odd, which is pretty exspensive for a 14 year old....especially 10 years ago!

9. Incredible Bulk

i used to love the lead moulded ones, i think they are all plastic now.

a plastic tank would cost £20-30 and be made out of Airfix style components.

I always remember hating to use yellow paint, if i had a white undercoat, the yellow would always be so watery that it would not paint well.

10. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Ah... memories. Yeah I did! Both 40K and Warhammer. Dark Angels and High Elves.

I just remember my Deathwing Squad rocked! :D

11. murphy81

I can remember feeling left out, because I could never afford to buy myself a tank as they were so exspensive - So I borrowed my mates one, indefinetly!

Might have a look in Games Workshop next time im in the area...see how prices compare to 10 years ago (saaaddd):)

12. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

I've been playing for more years than I care to remember. I've played 40K since even before 1st edition (the so-called 'Rogue Trader'). Yes that's right, even before Rogue Trader. It was originally called Laserburn and was published by Tabletop Games. Strange but true.

Anyway, yes, I play. My main army is Imperial Guard although I also have an Eldar army and I'm currently playing Tau. The Tyranids are clawing at the edges of my mind though and I forsee a future where I end up collecting those as well.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  13. iHeretic

iHeretic Not-for-Prophet

I started not long after Rogue Trader, but stopped soon after they released 3rd Edition when I moved house. I briefly got back into it a couple years ago... but again, I moved and had to pack all my stuff up! One day I might get to keep my stuff out for long enough to finish painting my army and actually play :p

/b/

14. Incredible Bulk

i used to know people who would paint them for hours and not play with them due to not wanting to scratch them. they had a set for playing, a set for show :rolleyes:

15. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Thread woken from its slumber so that all of us geeks can carry on talking 40K.

Just today bought the new Codex Apocalypse, all the new templates etc and - deep sigh of contentment - the new Baneblade!

Attached Files:

16. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

DAkka dakka...

No, actually I play Eldar and Marines, used to collect Nids. Got Dwarves on the go too.

My main problem - Gamesworkshop upping prices again, and again, and again...

17. Len the Bunny

Len the Bunny New Member

I have a high elf army, and stole my brothers chaos one when he went off to be a grown up.
    All the old lead figures. weighs a ton!
    There is an eldar one floating around too but i don't play them. and they are mostly plastic.
    I spend hours painting them when i can....and they look really good for it.
    Played AD&D too way back. Forgotten Realms of course, Drangonlance was rubbish.

18. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Does it count if I play WFRP? Many other games as well of course, but that's the Games Workshop one.

19. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

WFRP was a superb game. My old group played the first edition when it came out way back in the golden age of gaming. My current group mostly play 40K but we also play Necromunda and Space Hulk (1st edition naturally). We've been taking a break from the mini games over the summer to run a D&D campaign (again, 1st edition, none of this 3.5 nonsense malarkey!) but we're going to start on the 40K again in about a fortnight.

20. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

As for the prices of GW products, I agree they are pretty hefty and that can make it difficult for new gamers to really get into the hobby. We're lucky in my group because we're all long time gamers and we've built up large collections over the years so we can each call upon several fully fledged armies for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K. I myself have three complete Imperial Guard armies, Space Marines, Tau and Eldar. I had a huge Ork force but I sold it a couple of years ago. I'll be restarting it from scratch in January when they release the new Codex Orks.