Warhammer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TheMadhoose, Jan 1, 2013.

1. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Just got a Warhammer box set with ma kids. Still in the build and paint faze as yet. Anyone got tips n stuff on the game and building the battlefields?

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD (hope you hate money)

3. TheMadhoose

anything that gets the kids away from a tv screen and interacting is worth it

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Die Elven Scum!!!

That was the battle cry of my Orcs....regardless of who they fought

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Orcs get things confused sometimes.

6. TheMadhoose

Hmmmmm dont got Orcs....

7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I believe its "Orks?"

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

It's Orks in 40K and Orcs in Warhammer

9. Ben Gash CLF

Building battlefields, just get a large sheet of plywood or MDF, spray one side green, the other side sand colour, tape the edges and away you go. You can make hills from tiered polystyrene and then look out for stuff in garden centres and aquarium shops etc. You can get cool lumps of slate or granite which will really look the part. If you go on Youtube I'm sure you'll find tutorials for hills and rivers.

10. Southpaw535

Warhammer Fantasy is the incestual cousin of 40k. Therefore it is irrelevant :p

11. Southpaw535

If it is Fantasy you've got, I'm not sure if it'll be helpful or not but I have a giant box full of the magazines for the tabletop LOTR game. They all have building ideas in the back and I'm happy to send them to you if you live in the UK

12. TheMadhoose

was gonna dig out the pasting tables and upturn an old subuteo pitch.

13. Hannibal

Fantasy came first ergo is best*

*least factually based rant ever

14. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

Warhammer (both Fantasy ad 40k) has been on my radar for a while now, and now that I have a secure source of money I may actually get some, so I was wondering which you prefer, and why? And what army do you enjoy? And why?

15. Hannibal

Orcs you damn Elven lover!!

Sorry...don't know what came over me

16. Ben Gash CLF

I'm kinda vanilla, I always used to play empire for WFB and imperial guard for W40K

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I played 40k mostly (Space Marines mostly) but we just used whatever we had on hand until we developed our battlefield. Those ended up being some of the most fun games because you never knew how the obstacles were going to end up because it always ended up just being thrown together.

18. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

My wife got involved with Warhammer (I think?) a few years ago before we met and she tried to get me involved in it. Wasn't too excited at first but it grew on me. One year later I still haven't bothered to go out and buy stuff for it. If it's something not extremely time consuming then I may have to actually look into it as another means of having a hobby with the wifey.

Um, but yeah, sorry for not answering your question.

19. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

i've played both fantasy and 40k in my time, even entered a fantasy GT heat years ago.

funnily enough since my mate stopped working there I found i was struggling to afford to keep it up... if i had the spare pennies i'd no doubt get back into it though.

i played dark eldar in 40k and dark elves and had just started making a magic heavy nurgle beastman army in fantasy...

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Wood Elves and Eldar in the past.
    Space Marines these days.
    But I was always more of a modeller than a gamer.
    One of my models from a couple of years back...

[​IMG]