Warhammer Online

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Svart, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Svart

Svart Valued Member

Coming out in September? Anyone going to be playing?
    I had a 2000 point Dark Elf army as a kid so Im pretty sure ill be playing a Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine.

Site for those curious.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

2. Matt B

Matt B Valued Member

I was a 40k fan as a kid, although i did also play Warhammer with a small Wood Elf army (what was i thinking?!) and Bloody Bowl with a fearsome Undead team!

3. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

Is this an actual battle game or is it a role playing game like WOW?

4. sn11

sn11 Woosh! Bang! Ow!

MMORPG (like WoW)

5. Matt B

Matt B Valued Member

Hmm sounds like it would be exactly like WoW to me! Cash in on GW fans!

What someone should do is a new Space Hulk game AND a Warhammer 40k Command & Conquer style game.

6. Svart

Svart Valued Member

Yeah its an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). I quit WoW about 3-4 months ago after downing Illidan with my guild who Ive been with since MC. I guess my online addiction will now switch to Warhammer Online haha.

7. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

you say it like it's a bad thing, but i'm sure the developers of this game would be absolutely thrilled if they could recreate the success of WoW! We all know there's a market there, it's not at all surprising that someone else decided to cash in on it.

8. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

I'v been playing the open beta, mostly as a dwarf and I have to say im kind of disapointed.

If you liked WoW you will love this as its very close to WoW in feeling, look and game play. I guess I was just wanting something a bit darker, grittier.

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

They should do this with Necromunda, the gang development aspect would lend itself to rpg style gaming very well.

10. Kapalmuks

Kapalmuks Valued Member

Some of my friends from WOW are playing this right now. I got the dvd game but no time to D/L it as I am tryng to stay away playing online game right now :bang:>