Ward shows why he is the next in line to p4p #1

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

He performed in spectacular fashion and after a 14 month layoff with shoulder surgery that's saying a lot IMO.

2. puma

puma Valued Member

Not seen the fight, but the result was as I expected. Certainly a talented fighter. He is another one where it is difficult to find a challenge for him. I can't think of any supermiddles or light-heavies I particularly want to see him in with.

3. Saved_in_Blood

I want to see him fight Golovkin, I think he will take him apart. I'd love to see him fight and embarrass chavez "fatboy" jr. as well... just for fun.

It was a good fight for being one sided... Rodriguez tried hard to make it rough and at one point the ref stopped the fight, took 2 points from each guy and recommended a fine to both he said that if he had to take another point "it will be a DQ and nobody will get paid". He did a great job. Ward tends to be dirty... but no more so than Hopkins.

4. puma

puma Valued Member

He can be dirty, but then he is a winner. He does what it takes. All great fighters have that. Ali used to hold behind the head. Mayweather uses his elbows and forearms. Hopkins will stick the nut on you just as often as he punches, and Duran would use your gonads as a speed ball! I do like Ward. A lot actually.

5. Saved_in_Blood

If you haven't seen this fight... you should try to find it. It was very interesting. I don't know why Froch is so interested in fighting him again. Froch is a good fighter, but Ward is a league ahead of him and a future ATG IMO anyway.