Walkout music help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Southpaw535, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Of course the most important part of any fight camp is choosing what music to walk out to. And I need some help on that score. All the music I had planned to use fails to meet the criteria so I'm throwing to you guys. Two rules:

1. No swearing of any kind. There was a song I loved that was refused for having "ass" in it.

2. We're not allowed a build-up time. Song starts, we walk. This is the biggest hurdle I'm hitting.

Last time I came out to Know Your Enemy by RATM, and while I love the song, it was a bit weird coming out to largely just music. I feel like it would have done a better job relaxing me or psyching me up had there been actual words for me to focus on :p

So throw suggestions at me. Anything and everything at this point.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Do you have to provide a CD.

As long as it's legal I can edit a song and put it on a CD for you.

I have editing software to edit out an intro and have a song start at any point.

3. Southpaw535

They grab them all off itunes but they do let us bring a usb just in case. Certainly opens things up a bit. Thank you Simon :)

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

well, if it's walk out as soon as it starts, you'd need stuff with epic intro riffs or somesuch... lemme think... (by which i mean rifle throiugh my playlists)

10000 fists by disturbed would be a good one, i think, but probably not too original. sabaton's cover of twilight of the thunder god stasrts quite nicely too. will give more suggestions later :p

5. Southpaw535

Pretty much yeah. I mean what do you reckon it was? A minute or so music total?

6. Fish Of Doom

also sabaton has other absolutely awesome ones. the album carolus rex is basically an endless succession of both vocal and instrumental riffs, albeit perhaps a tad too thematic :p

7. Fish Of Doom

wait no, i have it.

black sabbath's heaven and hell.

8. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Another one bites the dust ... Queen ...

9. Southpaw535

While that opening riff is amazing, takes too long to get into lyrics. Basically I don't want to be walking the ramp without words to distract me. Otherwise I'd stick with RATM :)

Basically if there's not singing after 10 seconds or so, then I'm unlikely to stick it on the list.

10. Fish Of Doom

gotcha, lemme see what i have and i'll get back to you

11. Southpaw535

Ya know I was tempted :p

Hammer to Fall is actually the one I've been thinking about recently. Fits the limits and it always puts a smile on my face. And I seem to perform better when I try to be cheerful beforehand rather than angry :p

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Judging by your eyes in the promo shot I'd go with

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2hgm65WhE"]Donny Osmond - Puppy Love ( TOTP ) 1972 - YouTube[/ame]

13. Southpaw535

There was a time I was very tempted to use hit me with your best shot until I realised the crowd would be mostly drunk people who wouldn't find it funny

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You should go with subverting the whole thing and walk out to some ambient trance, folk, or serious hippy love stuff. :D

Die You *person of uncertain parentage* by Motorhead.

A snippet of Cochise by Audioslave, but it would have to start part way into the song.

Killed By Death by Motorhead.

Ace of Spades by Motorhead.

Actually, just Motorhead. :D

Mitch

15. Fish Of Doom

hatebreed has some nice ones if you fancy the screamy stuff. dead man breathing, never let it die, or in ashes they shall reap should fire you up nicely.

there's always also the mortal kombat theme if you feel cheeky :D

powerman 5000's when world's collide starts off awesome and pump-uppy right off the bat, peaking at around 40s

ayreon's ride the comet would probably be an original choice, but somewhat subjective (hey, it pumps ME up at least :p). vocals start around 22s though so prolly a bit late (most of the stuff i could suggest suffers from this)

sons of plunder could be a good choice too.

stardown's pray for nothing has another epic intro riff, vocals pretty much at 20s exactly.

if you fancy the nerdy stuff, some of miracle of sound's stuff could do as well, methinks. the grind is a prime example if you edit it to start around 22s. man and machine is another nice one if you start it at 28s or 34s.

voices by disturbed, probaboy overused but good.

pretty much all else i could recommend relies on some pretty heavy build ups, so not that useful here :(

16. Fish Of Doom

also, for cheery, any of sabaton's metal medley songs :D (i like metal ripper)

17. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Everybody wants some heavy metal or rap when they walk out. Why not go with something a little more groovy...

Clap for the Wolfman - The Guess Who
    Run Through the Jungle - Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress - The Hollies

18. Fish Of Doom

if he hadn't requested vocals, i'd have suggested this :p
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxIOUJ7by6U[/ame]

19. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Blue Suede - "Hooked on a Feeling"

Haha, just kidding.

End of Biters:International.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTEd3OmIK0"]Prefuse 73 : The End of Biters - International (2004) - YouTube[/ame]

20. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXRFngq0pY"]Kanye West - Bound 2 Ft Kim Kardashian ( Official Video ) - YouTube[/ame]

"Bound 2"

Yes. Do this. Or this:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P0_v__IOrE"]La Bouche- Be My Lover - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015