Visual c++ 6 with MFC : Dialog help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tika, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Tika

Tika New Member

Hey Mappers. I posted this question on Easy-Tek but havent gotten a response yet. Was kinda hoping that maybe there are a c++er or two on here that has not yet gotten a chance to join Easy-Tek that might be able to help me. We havent been able to figure this one out yet...

Ok. Heres the deal. I have a main form/view thingy. From that a button click opens a new dialog. I have no trouble with that. But we tried to delete the form, and release the memory in the PostNCDestroy function, and we couldnt use the dialog again. So we pretty much switched to destroying it when we close the program. But it would be nice if we could open and close something then be able to actually open it again. Any ideas? I use VC++ 6 with MFC.

2. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

Windows Programming...... just kill youself :) j/k

I don't program for Windows, but this might help you
    http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/~reckert/360/360pgms.html

3. Th3_GOD

Th3_GOD New Member

I don't program MFC yet but

I dont program MFC yet, however i suggest you learn the actual internal code that generates the program, look under the hood. MFC is actually a bunch of classes, maybe if you understood how these classes operate you could fix any probelm you have. Many don't learn the underlying coding, but it helps to do so greatly.

4. Tika

Tika New Member

Thanks for trying to help guys.... *explodes*