Virtua Fighter 4

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Nov 7, 2002.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hi MAPers :D

Ok - up until 3 weeks ago I had NEVER played a "Fighting Game".

Last weekend I had a cool time getting my virtual butt kicked by my 13 year old daughter on Virtua Fighter 4 while we where staying over in Glasgow with Elhiggito.

So - I'm hooked :D

Looked for it yesterday and ended up buying Tekken 4 instead 'cos the gal in the shop said it was better.

Tonight we took it back and changed it for Virtua Fighter 4 - no contest between the two! Tekken had excellent graphics but game play was rubbish in comparrison.

So - I've decided to stick to ONE character and try to develop a game rather than just button bashing. After trying all the fighters I've settled on Vanessa :D

Any advise from any martial game-nutz out there greatfully appreciated. I just HAVE to get my revenge on my smug offspring!

2. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Looking for a martial game-nut:D Well here one is;) You took Tekken 4 back:eek: Man what is wrong with you. Thats a great game. Well, In comparision to Virtual fighter, I don't know. I never really played that game but once or twice a while ago. So I can't help ya with any moves. But just knowing the basics are fine. You can flow off of those for now, and use a strategy I always use against people when I play a game I never played before that they are good at. Just stand there and let them attack while I block, then look for an opening:D May not work all the time, but it works most times for me. People can't stand when I do that. Oh, but when I really learn the game play, it's over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodluck on your revenge.......
    note..... there are some internet sites you can go to for game tips and tricks. If I can find one for virtual fighter, I'll post it later.

3. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Damn I would have kept tekken 4. Each guy has at least 150 moves + combos, that game can really get in depth. Anyay . . . most people don't like it if you fake em out. Throw a punch for your opponent to grab then get ready with the counter. That should keep em cheessed for awhile :D

4. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

I know after take'n a tanking for said offspring myself I'm not the best person to say, but best thing to do is use the command training,
    you stand there facing an opponent & instructions come up on screen, you can even use the start button menu to skip a move, stay on the same move, get a demo, or get the PS2 to tell you what your doing wrong. After that a little run on Kumite mode to practice what you just learned.

God I just realised , I have no life :(

elhig

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Yoda, maybe you should just have both games. There both very good, think of it as cross training! :D

6. wayofthedragon

Hmmmm....excellent point brought up. There should be a practice or training mode. Spend time there, even when your daughters asleep. You'll be ready:D

7. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

LOL at pgm316. He he he. Excellent!

Yeah Dave, stop being so Traditionalist in your gaming. You know every system has something to offer, you're being destroyed by the Virtual mess :D

8. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

9. wayofthedragon

Just remember to update us when you finally get good enough, and have gotten your revenge;)

10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

You could call it a "Virtual Classical Mess". The JKD method may be to encorporate both virtua fighter and takken into your gaming style. But I'm a traditional gamer, I'd advise on studying one system to be trully a master of it! ;)

I really did this years ago with Streetfighter 2, I was almost unbeatable amongst the spotty teenagers of Blackburn! :D