Villaris/Ussdbreakoffs

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flyingleopard, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Almost A Ghost

Almost A Ghost Valued Member

It was interesting to say the least, but I'll leave it at that. Personally I don't like the guy, even ran into him at the gym a few times, really didn't care enough to look at him.

As for the instructors not hanging around in Vegas, my guess would be that a lot of them had no money when they would part with the company.

I've seen those figures before for studio costs and what not, quite different from when I left. I've also noticed they have stopped advertising in the phone book like they use to.

Which city are you out of?

2. Almost A Ghost

You know what, it just came to which kenpo school it could of possibly been. Are you sure the incident happened back in 2003?

3. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

No. It was 2002. I know a 3rd degree that went with them to Vegas.

4. Almost A Ghost

Do you know which instructor was assaulted? If not, do you know which USSD studio that instructor walked into? I have my theory, but it's dependent of when one of the schools relocated.

5. Gufbal1981

I don't know the instructor but I know it was a Vegas School.

6. Almost A Ghost

So he brought down instructors from OC to do help him "deal" with the instructor? If so that is ****ing hilarious.

7. Gufbal1981

It wasn't even an OC instructor! He's an LA instructor!

8. Almost A Ghost

That's is soooo ****ing pathetic. Then again, I guess this is how they make people better members of their community.

9. Gufbal1981

LOL! I know. The story gets worse and worse to top it off.

10. smelly feet

smelly feet Valued Member

You workout at the same gym as him, how funny. I hear Richard Black moved to Houston Texas because his school are not doing well. I guess charging $200 is not a good idea.

It seems like they raise the rates every year and a half from what I noticed.

Right now I'm living in Porterville. Hows Massachusetts? Did you checkout any of those schools?

11. smelly feet

I think your right. Wasn't the guy J.H. ?

12. smelly feet

I don't know either it was too long ago. Whats your theory?
    Five bullies beat up one guy and his wife?

13. Almost A Ghost

I only saw him in the gym up until 06 when I moved to a different part of the Valley. I saw his cars pretty regularly at the Green Valley Parkway studio during the instructor meetings up until late June 07 when I got laid off from my job that was across the street from that studio.

Massachusetts is nice. No, I'm not checking out those schools. Where they are situated it would take a lifetime during evening traffic to get to them. I found one school that is worth going to go check out.

14. Almost A Ghost

I think it happened too early because it requires both the USSD school and competing kenpo relocating to their current locations a year or two before I thought they did.

15. Gufbal1981

The guy in the competing Kenpo school eventually closed up shop and died not too long ago.

16. Almost A Ghost

Do you know if his initials were AF?

17. Gufbal1981

Yes and Yes.

18. Almost A Ghost

So, you are aware of his medical history?

19. Gufbal1981

Not really...he had medical conditions? I just know he's deceased...

20. Almost A Ghost

If his initials are AF and he died in 2004, then we are talking about the same guy. Here are his medical conditions that were printed in an interview with him in 2001-2002 time frame. He was involved with a chemical accident in 2000.

- Suffers from respiratory disease
    - 50% lung capacity
    - Can't walk more than 100 yards
    - Had a breathing machine in his studio