Villaris/Ussdbreakoffs

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flyingleopard, Aug 30, 2005.

1. pinion

pinion New Member

For now I need to discuss this matter in private please. I sent an email to you. The subject matter is sensitive and I don't want to be posting about it online in the open.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Apparently he got a few of his female students pregnant and left town. No one has heard of him in quite some time.

3. pinion

pinion New Member

I can't seen to find my private messages and I am having trouble sending them. How do I get PMs activated?

EDIT: I seemed to figure out how to change features in my account so I can recieve emails now. If anyone emailed me I didn't get it yet, please try again.

4. pinion

pinion New Member

Satori81 and Sliver I would like to speak with both of you if possible. Over the phone is preferrable. I can go into detail in either private messages, email or over the phone, but not in the forum. The matters are very important and you would be helping the victims. How can we get in touch with each other?

5. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

WOW! This isn't that uncommon though. Did he ever get his 5th? Anyone know?

6. pinion

pinion New Member

Sliver, please let me know if you got the email I just sent you, I don't know if my private messages or email are working through the account. If you didn't get the email, then please email me and I can give you all of the details.

7. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Didn't get anything. Try PMing me again. Let me hear what you have to say and we'll go from there. If all you want is details on the civil suit against ASSK you can just do a search on court records in San Diego County, it's a matter of public reccord at this point.

8. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Hey Pinion,

Send me a PM, and I'll see what I can do.

"You've got mail"

:)

9. pinion

pinion New Member

Its not letting me PM you. Get my email from Satori81. We can get in touch that way.

10. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

pinion, you gotta have 50 posts before you can PM...

11. smelly feet

smelly feet Valued Member

Satori81, can you look up Richard Black. In 2003 he beat up another martial arts instructor that ran a kempo school in Vegas across from a United Studios school and the guy press charges against him and United Studios.

12. smelly feet

Thats weird! I figured Massachusetts would have Dozens of shaolin kempo schools.
    Are there a lot of Fred Villari schools out there? Did you go in any of them?

13. Almost A Ghost

Almost A Ghost Valued Member

Nothing immediately around me. There are some Master's Centers and some Cerio schools, but those are around 20 miles away. I've also heard that Cal Carrozi is teaching relatively close to me, but haven't heard any other big names yet. Anyways, I'm too busy breaking my ass finding a Wing Chun school to go and check out a school that I wouldn't sign up at.

14. Almost A Ghost

Which is was that?

15. smelly feet

I don't know the name of the school but they bragged about it in the Friday meetings.
    I understand the guy got a restraining order against Richard Black, I'm not sure if he got one against the other USSD district managers .
    Why have you heard about them harassing other schools?

16. smelly feet

I don't blame you for not wanting to sign back up with a Villari kempo school.
    Heres some wing chun schools.

http://www.wckfa.com/

http://bostonwt.com/index.html

Heres some jeet kune do schools

http://www.behavioraldefensesolutions.com/family tree.html

http://www.blazingsunfitness.com/

http://www.sityodtong.com/Jeet_Kune_Do.htm

www.eemaworld.com

Good luck on your search. :)

17. Almost A Ghost

I remember reading a thread that was a few years old on either martialtalk.com or this forum. Somebody posted a response about an altercation between between a competing kenpo instructor over USSD flyers on cars in his parking lot. Another person responded that it didn't go down as heroicly as the USSD instructor's claimed it did, which does make sense if the only charge filed was assault and not battery.

Can't find the thread anymore, but the it happened in the time line mentioned. Either way it was locked a few years old, I just wanted some more info about it.

As for as harassing other schools? Nothing as bad as a physical altercation, just the normal competitive nature of business and people talking ****. All pretty boring.

18. smelly feet

Yes thats what I read. I read he pulled a knife because there were five ussd guys there and his wife who was holding their baby was struck by one of them. Five against one is unfair in my opinion.
    Hitting a woman is low in my opinion, hitting a woman holding a baby is beyond words. Thats what I read.

I talk to Master Matt Thomes a while back and he said when he left ussd Charles Mattera came to his dojo yelling at him and stuff and his front window kept getting smashed till he installed a security camera and caught the ussd guys doing it and pressed charges.

I have heard rumors of instructors who leave ussd getting attacked but I don't know any offhand just rumors I heard when I was with them.

19. Almost A Ghost

Cool, I didn't want to do any hear-say, so I'm glad you also saw the thread.

I've seen this "mafia" mentality but it usually just stopped at talking, so I've never heard of instructors getting attacked when they left USSD, but my experience was in Las Vegas and once an instructor quit or got fired they usually moved back to their hometown.

20. smelly feet

How was it working with Richard Black? I never liked him or his bad additude. :mad:
    Why do you think the instructors that quit from ussd went back to their home town?

If they were to open there own school that would make sense. They wouldn't be harassed by there former instructor. If you think about it that would be a smart move on the instructors part. All the money he collects wont be going to some fat guy who doesn't even teach at his dojo. $60 for a yellow belt test is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! Why do you need to buy some rank video for $30 anyways? Yellow belt test should be $25 range. It only cost $1.50 for a yellow belt anyway. You get to keep the green, brown testing fees.

If he charged $80-$100 a month and had 50 students and paid only $2000 a month in rent and was open from 4-9 Monday-Thursday, Friday closed, Saturday 10-1,at $80 a month
    you would clear $2,000 to $1,500 on tuition alone for a 19 hour a week part time job.
    Plus 50 times $25 every 6 to 12 weeks is $1,250.
    You wouldn't have to pay USSD $1,000 a month for b.b. manauls. $500 A month for advertising and last of all 33% back to USSD. Plus $225,000 for a dojo is crazy when you could open one for less then $20,000.
    I'm done with my rant now.