[video] TKD sparring (full contact vs MT)

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Teryan, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Teryan

Teryan Valued Member

I thought it was cool, I would also like some more information on the fight if any one has any or if they can translate it (sounds like korean). I think the guy is WTF traied but has a little boxing experence.
    http://myfile.hanafos.com/~ahha21st/kick.mpg

2. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

That was cool. Wish I could see the whole fight.

3. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

It's asking me for a username & password :confused:

5. Trent Tiemeyer

Just right click and save it, Yoda.

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Nope - still doesn't work.

7. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

That's a pretty good fight. I was gonna make a comment about how the mt guy should have defended a bit more, but I realized that even for a beginner, tkd kicks tend to go right through a guard, and they're not the easiest to block in a full-contact setting like that.

8. Trent Tiemeyer

My bad, Yoda. Apparently the link is intelligence activated. :D

9. Teryan

Teryan Valued Member

In defence of the MT guy, it did not look like he knew what he was doing. Like he would always back up, never rush after getting attacked, ducked head and looked away, etc.

So.... any one speak Korea as to where they could translate that?

10. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Anyone know who either of the fighters were? It looks like the MT guy was clearly outclassed. He didn't attack a single time.

11. Artikon

Artikon Advertise here ask me how

I think he knew exactly what he was doing . . . . getting hit. :D

12. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

I think the MT guy got a bit dazed after that first punch, and couldn't get himself refocused to get in close.

13. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

very nice. although, the thai boxer shows some classic displays of a newbie- when he gets hit he shies away, and he is trying to block low kicks with his arms. looks like he has only 6 months training at most when you factor in his crap footwork.

It is refreshing to see some good TKD though. fast, clean and strong shots designed to take the other guy out, not score points. I like how he set up the roundhouse with the two lower ones- no power in them but that obviously wasnt the point. very tricksy ;D

now we need to see this guy vs some real thai fighters- bring on Dekker or Coban (they still fight right?)

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

6 months? :) At the most! :)

He hasn't learned what happens when you block low kicks with ya hands yet :)

That TKD guy was pretty cool though! he should learn to keep his hands up! lol.

Ive some more video's here of MT vs Kung Fu, MT vs Karate if anyone wants them?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  15. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

er, I think we'd like more TKD actually.

16. notquitedead

Yuki, I'd like to see them, but maybe the MT section would be more appropriate?

17. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Oh definatly :) i just wasn't sure weather people would want to see them or not thats all.

18. Trent Tiemeyer

Sorry, Yuki. You are to post any and all videos in the MMA forum and the MMA forum only.:D

19. notquitedead

That's fine too, just post them! :D

20. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

I'm getting this message with the link:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /~ahha21st/kick.mpg on this server.

Any help?