Video - Submission of the year?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

For those of you who haven't seen this submission by Chonan against Anderson Silva in the latest Pride Shockwave.

It's an awsome submission, and ill stop talking now so you can watch it :)

Download Chonan vs Silva submission - 8.08Mb

Tell us what you think! ;)

2. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

huh, that was pretty quick. that guy tapped instantly. no contest.

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Well yes; it was a heel hook :) They really aren't one of those submissions you'd think "I'll just hold on alittle longer!". Because if you do, the shin pops out of the knee! :)

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

thing with heel hooks is that when it starts hurting, its because your heel just broke. you can't wait for the pain and try to fight like an armbar, once you know its on YOU SLAM THE MAT LIKE WILDMAN

that was a SLICK move by the way, but I have a video clip of a guy called Masakazu Imanari who is even better at that than leg submissions. as in, he is a god at them. subbed BJJ black belt Jorge gurgel in 39 seconds with a heel hook. unfortunately the site i got that vid from has vanished.

edit- http://www.joewoodward.btinternet.co.uk/Masakazu_Imanari.zip

was posted a while ago here as well, i forgot about that :D by none other than yuki as well

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  5. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

That Masakazu Imanari video link it dead now; i had to take the video down so i could upload another. I've very limited space at the moment.

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

How big is it? Maybe I could pop it up for a while if it's not too big. That was a sweet takedown, I'm gonna have to have a go at it tonight :D

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Here you go guys - I'll leave it up until tomorrow night.

Chonansub Video

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The Chonansub video is still up; I was referring to the Masakazu Imanari link that Ikken posted. :)

9. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

I think he meant the other link- the Masakazu Imanari

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Doh!

I don;t have that one :(

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Do you want it? I can put it back up on my host?

12. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Yeah that heel hook was pretty nice. I had a clip of that from another angle (you could see it better), but I already deleted it an the link doesn't work. :(

13. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

Looks like something out of a movie!