Vertigo in MA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Tian-Tian, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Tian-Tian

Tian-Tian Awesome 15 minutes a day.

I've wondered this for a while now: does anyone here suffer from benign vertigo, or any other form thereof? If so, how does it affect you when you are practicing in your chosen martial art(s)?

I get awful vertigo spells from time to time, but most of the issue is with the inner ear (Chinese Ginger + honey + water= INSTANT WIN). I've had the fortune to not get these dizzy, disorienting spells during practice so far... but once in a while I wonder about it. :confused:

2. 7heTexanRebel

7heTexanRebel Valid Member

I've never had vertigo. I've had a large portion of my right inner ear removed due to a tumor, so I might be suffering it all the time!

3. Coges

Coges Valued Member

I used to get vertigo all the time. Not so much at the moment. Mainly if I have too much caffeine or if I am getting run down. I haven't heard of that remedy before but I'll have to give it a try.

I did hear however of an osteopath in my area advertising cranial adjustments for vertigo. Not sure how effective it would be. Anyone experienced this before?

4. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The glaucoma will have the same effect. Try to get your eye pressure checked.

5. righty

righty Valued Member

Blood pressure too.