Vegetarian vs. Vegan vs. Carnivore

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tosh, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Right after tasting my first (and certainly not last) piece of Beef Jerky today it made me wonder?

How many of you guys are vegetarian (or have been/ trying to be)??

How many of you disagree and are quite happy to eat meat.

Since a lot of us on the board are concerned about our bodies and healthy eating I'd like someone to convince me that one way is better than the other??

Any takers to fight the good fight

P.s. Man Beef Jerky Rawks! 200% Beef!

2. Tireces

Tireces New Member

I love meat, especially tuna. I eat very little vegetables, and none that arent covered in salad dressing.

3. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

As a youngster I used to hate veggies, but as I get older (and can't chase after tigers and such) veggies are far more readily available :D

4. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Carnivore here. I even like haggis so I guess I'll eat almost anything (except Liquorice).

5. stump

stump Supersub

I'm a firm believer that all Gods animals have a place...

.....beside the mashed potato!!!!!!

Sorry :)

6. johndoch

johndoch upurs

LOL, couldn't agree more

7. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

I'm a carnivore gone vegan 2.5yrs ago for all the possible reasons... but I shan't start any fights over it here :)

Besides, I doubt you even have the will power - let alone the money - to eat a good vegan diet :D

Rgds,
    David

8. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Lackluster carnivore here. I eat meat, but I also make lots of vegetarian meals. As a kid, I loved vegetables and hated hamburgers!

9. Adam

Adam New Member

If it isn't fired, filled with colesterol and dripping with blood, it's not worth eating. This philosophy might explain the spare tire I'm carrying around at the moment :D

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'm a Meatarian... [​IMG]

I love my meat AND potatoes.... and I have my cake and eat that too!

... for more on this .......Eating Animals Fact Sheets

11. Jim

Jim New Member

Carnivore here. Any type of meat I can (for all the possible reasons). ;)

12. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Are there so few Vegetarians around???

Maybe Veggies and MA don't mix! :D

13. djhallib

djhallib Guest

Ahh...meat. :) There is nothing I love to eat more then meat. I can by myself consume a whole leg of a sheep, if I skip those space-taking no-worth potatoes and other space takers :)

Bring me the meat, and I shall eat it.

I like vegetables too, and often have salads for dinner and so forth, but you just can't beat the taste and feeling of meat.

14. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

I mainly eat chicken and vegies, fruit, and bread. Steak occasionally. :D

15. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Meat is definitely the preference 90% of the time. Though you can have some good meals without it.

16. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Talking about 90%, that's how much of the global crop production goes to feeding livestock. Energetically, it is the least efficient method of getting energy from the earth into our gullets.

Meat is not ideal, digestively speaking. Factory-farming methods are a disgrace to humanity. Your burgers are usualy made from mechanically reclaimed meat so that the burger you eat has the flesh (dna) of 1000 cattle in it rather than the 1 cow of a burger in the 1960s. Even the language of meat production is screwed. Farmers are managers. Farms are factories. Livestock are units. Rearing is production. Butchering is packaging. Scraps are Economy packaged.
    The poor animals exist in diabolic misery. Pigs who like to roam and forage for 20miles a day don't have room to turn around. Animals don't have the ability to get away from each other or the filth. Their lives are curtailed outrageously - normally, living for 20+ years they're 'lucky' to live 3. Worse still if they're male and/or bred for meat - it's either immediate death and mincing or 6months of stupendous growth on bones that can't take it using hormones in their food and in injections. And even then, they're not fed every day because only 6 days a week is required for the drugs to create enough of the product.

Enjoy :(

-David

17. stump

stump Supersub

Yeah fair points....

Enjoy your pesticides, etc on your veg and fruit.

The only way to guarentee proper food is if it's reared, tended or grown yourself....does anyone fancy going back to subsistance farming???

18. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

vegetarian basically, i find veg dishes to be very delicious...
    -TkdWarrior-

19. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

i love eating meat but vegetables can be good too. I don't like the whole vegan thing cuz they have some very sorry propoganda and you have to take supplements. Whatever floats your boat tho.

P.S. It's not the animals fault God made 'em so tasty

20. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Is there anyone out thier that cannot eat any meat for religous reasons??

Do you agree with it or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.