Vegan diet + Workout

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bluesoup, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluesoup

Bluesoup Valued Member

So I've been eating vegetarian for exactly a week now and I've only eaten meat once in 2 weeks. I'm trying to avoid dairy, but I haven't been able to eliminate it completely. I'll get there though.

Anyway, so far I've been eating like an absolute maniac and I haven't lost any weight at all. I'm weight training intensively though, so I'm not expecting much weight loss.

I'm eating a lot of fruit and I've gotten hooked on oatmeal. I cook the oats with soy milk which is nice because it has added vitamine b12 and d3 and it's quite sweet. The oatmeal is boring on its own, but I put a whole banana in there with dried cranberries. And suddenly it becomes amazing. I'm going to experiment with more fruits in the future. Probably strawberries or blueberries or something.

Overall I've noticed that I'm really a lot more energetic compared to before. My mind feels super clear and overall I just feel a lot better. I haven't really increased the amount of vegetables I'm eating and I'm not eating that much more fruit either. I think I have more energy from eating lots and lots of carbs, I'm eating carbs like theres no tomorrow. And apparently I'm still getting in enough proteins, since my strength with weight training has kept progressing as it did before. I'm getting my proteins from beans, oats and bread and also vegetables. To make up for the caloric deficit from not eating meat, I'm eating a LOT more beans, oats and bread. So while it may not be as protein-dense as meat, just from more than tripling the volume of my intake I think I'm doing just fine protein wise.

There's one thing I immediately noticed. My running has improved drastically. I think I was really carb-starving myself, because I feel like a machine when I'm running now. My oxygen intake has never been this high. My goal was to break through the 5min per km barrier, but I've since destroyed my old record with a 4:48min per km performance. Yesterday I was actually able to maintain a 4:15min per km tempo for 1 km and I still finished the run with an average of 4:57min per km. So yeah, I'm definitely noticing a big improvement to my oxygen intake.

For now, I want to go completely vegan to experiment if I need meat or any animal product at all. The moment I start feeling/looking bad/weak is the moment I eat a hamburger.

2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Yep, we need to continue this discussion here please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.