Variety is the spice of life

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Moi, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

whichever you like. :p

2. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

could this also be applied to the modern life habit of attention deficit, err what was I saying? ;) trying to browse three sites while replying to emails, on a coffee break and running updates on my phone (which hopefully will finish before I make the mad dash to Judo). i eat mostly the same foods each week, have more or less the same schedule of training and classes.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Yes but you're old?

4. Princess Haru

harsh! lucky this thread has shifted from some peoples preoccupation with sex or I'd have brought up the Penguins again ;)

5. Moi

Don't worry I only think I can get away with that as I have the same amount of years as I display on you. I'm really old :)

6. Moi

It was started about relationships. Sex is an easy topic

7. Moi

I believe?

8. Princess Haru

it's not something i've had much practice of lately, though I am more looking for someone who is good company, and in good shape with getting sweaty about third

9. Moi

I'm the opposite. I'm trying to be single, abstain from any sexual practises and basically give up. Neither my head nor my heart can take any more. I've Map & an x-box together with a multitude of grown up Rugrats to keep me company.
    I've always tended to go from one partner to another, without mych if a break, hence the thread and a messed up mind wondering what to do now :)

10. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

I found that too much variety ends up being just as bad as always the same exact thing. It seems there needs to be a balance there, at least for me.

11. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

I think it depends on what your headspace is at the time. I've had times, just after uni, for example where I just drifted from one thing to the next, with very little routine. At that time I didn't know what I wanted, so I just, drifted. I enjoyed the randomness of casual work and just taking off when the opportunities arose. Now I quite like having a set schedule.

12. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

De javu, I was close, 2 major continents I'm missing. But I'm too happy in my current relationship to care. :) Priorities change!

In answer to the OP, variety doesn't neccasarily have to be from different sources. Mix things up a little, just don't get in too deep too quick and keep the other guessing. Usually works.