USSD vs VILLARIS

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flyingleopard, Aug 14, 2005.

1. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

To Dan, this is what i found!!

here it goes, it says he left, but he has " autonomy."

"1993 Steve DeMasco left Fred Villari and started the East Coast operations of United Studios, becoming partners with Charlie Mattera. This split took place in January. DeMasco was a part of Mattera's operation in name only. He had secured an agreement with Mattera giving him total autonomy. This was especially true of DeMasco's martial arts. He was far superior to Mattera in martial arts ability, and never trained with Mattera. DeMasco did not add any material to the system. He eliminated the material that Villari taught beyond 4th Degree Black Belt. Villari claimed the advanced forms in the system were Shaolin forms. No one knows where the forms actually came from but they are not Shaolin Kung Fu forms. DeMasco had trained in several systems of Kung Fu, including the Praying Mantis system with Pui Chan and the Black Tiger system with Tak Wah Eng. He did not add Kung Fu to his Kempo system but rather made the Kung Fu forms available to students in the system. DeMasco dramatically changed the way the material is done. He added many advanced techniques for generating power in punches and kicks and also made the Jujutsu aspects of the system much more powerful by always controlling the spine directly.

(Please credit: http://www.evolutionkarate.com/KempoHistory.html
    Not trying to spread or create rumors, but it is interesting!!!)

2. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Let me put the rumor to rest...Everyone and anyone that was associated with Fred Villari always seems to talk to him. Even Charlie Mattera talks to him. It's not so unusual. After all, they were all once friends.

3. smelly feet

smelly feet Valued Member

In one school alone!! Ha! Villaris only have like three or four schools in Cailfornia and USSD has over a 100. Thats pretty sad.

4. smelly feet

I cant believe Damasco actually talks to Fred. Didn't Damasco screw over Fred and take some of his schools?
    Didn't Mattera take like 30 of them? I just cant see Villari ever wanting to speak to either one of his former students.

5. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Really trying to get to fifty posts eh?

6. Gufbal1981

Ever hear of the phrase "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer?"

7. smelly feet

Yes I have. I just find it hard to believe that Villari would actually talk to these guys that screwed him over.

8. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Most of the East Coast Kempo guys seem to have very ...er..flexible views of who their enemy is and who their friend is. One day they're best friends, the next bitter enemies, the next back to friends etc.

Not long ago, there was one high ranking Kempo guy who was called some pretty bad names on the internet, the least offensive of which was "Walking Owl" (because he was supposedly so full of it he couldn't fly) and "Retarded Dwarf".

Well, a few months later when the name caller decided to award this guy's wife with an eighth degree (apparently the wife stayed loyal to the first guy even though he was on the internet calling her husband all sorts of vile things), he immediately went to great lengths to patch things up so he could get promoted too. Now, they're busom buddies again.

So, no. I doesn't surprise me that these guys might be all talking again.

9. smelly feet

Yeah I saw that letter about Pro. Shuras
    He has one or two schools at best and he didn't steal 30 of them from George Pesare.
    Unless Mattera wants him to buy him out what other reason should he talk to him for?
    He can't get any higher in rank from him.

10. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Well, I was avoiding mentioning names on purpose, but it's hardly the only such example of ever shifting loyalties out there.

11. smelly feet

He's a high ranking martial artist and a police officer he can take care of himself. Besides it was all over the net last year.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  12. meijin10

meijin10 Valued Member

:-0

Ouch
    :eek:

13. Gufbal1981

Well, he does. Just because they aren't business partners anymore doesn't mean they won't talk. Villari does still talk to Mattera. Mattera actually says he wished he still was friends with him. Danjo is right about the E.C. people though. They are friends one day and then the next day, they are enemies. I think the term that could describe all of them is "Frienemies."

14. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

business is business, right?

business is business, right?

15. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

AHHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAhhhhha

thanks Dan, I needed that.

16. Gufbal1981

Business and friendship should never mix. If it does, you get this exact problem we're talking about.

17. smelly feet

So you heard Mattera say he still wished he was friends with Villari? So if they are not friends why do they talk?

18. Gufbal1981

I didn't hear it...I heard it from one of his District Managers. They talk because of what I said "Keep your enemies close but keep your enemies closer."

19. smelly feet

Did they say anything else about Villari that you remember?

20. Gufbal1981

Nope. That's it.