using floor to ceiling ball

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by =control freak=, Feb 8, 2007.

1. =control freak=

=control freak= Valued Member

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone has used a floor to ceiling ball what they have used as the weight to hold it down. I can't seem to get hold of the normal door stop weight which it would hook into, locally. I guess some of you might use actual weight discs? Help please.
    Cheers

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

One of the better things to hold it down with is actually to insert a clamp into the floor. They make eye-hooks that are hinged sort of and just fold down flush with the floor when not in use. This does require a bit of DIY. Easy enough if your in a gym with concrete floors that you can ramset the bolts into. Or in some place you can do the work without having to worry. Wood floors are easy enough to rig somethign up as well. Generally once these go up they almost never come down. At least in gyms anyhow.

At home might be a different story.

You might try some heavier weight plates... though in my experience it takes a fairly heavy one because the bungee cables that fit either end of the ball have a fair bit of pull in them... so lighter weight plates get dragged all over... making the action of the ball not so good.