Using a Tire to train with... Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by NotaMA, Nov 9, 2012.

1. NotaMA

NotaMA Valued Member

Hannibal and Lea, thank you.

I will surely keep you updated on my progress.

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Do what this guy does

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPoRMHQhSJc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPoRMHQhSJc[/ame]

3. NotaMA

NotaMA Valued Member

Hello there, everyone. Instead of making a new thread I guess I'll just keep posting my progress here.

I went and bought a 70 lbs. punching bag, and I'll be getting it for Christmas, and MMA open-finger gloves are being taken care of too.

I have an old storage building I'm cleaning out as to convert to a training room, I have only 20 days to do this. I doubt it will get done by then but I hope and pray it will.

I'll be hanging a punching bag in there as well as up a Chuck Norris total gym and an elliptical as well as any other training equipment people just so happen to get me.

And around January or February I will be taking Karate, and by then I should be in good enough shape.

I'm also still doing my abdominal exercises, working on flexibility, and taking a multivitamin.

My diet still isn't very balanced and implies that I'm mostly carnivorous with a somewhat plentiful intake of caffeine and sugar from Tea.

Nevertheless I'm still using my tire for light conditioning and creating ideas and scenarios, as well as the sparring as I mentioned in the OP.

And lastly, I've discovered the Nunchaku provide a good wrist-limbering and coordination workout.

So now I'd like everyone's critique and advice regarding my progress. Kudos. :3

4. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

You must punch with the knuckle of your middle finger and a little bit of your index finger.

The knuckles of your ring and pinky fingers have bad angles when punching, so try to avoid this at all times.

5. NotaMA

NotaMA Valued Member

I'm not going to disagree with you, but doesn't JKD use the last 3 knuckes?

Just asking, I'm not disagreeing with anyone and I'll do what you said.