USA NKF Nationals

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Seito, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Seito

Seito New Member

Hey Just wondering if any of you people will be Attending the The USA-NKF Nationals At New Orleans...JULY 16-18, 2004.....????
    i know its a bit early, but just wandering...

2. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Seito- YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY P.M.

3. Seito

Seito New Member

come again?....

4. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Check your private messages................

5. Seito

Seito New Member

ok.............i got it.lol...........i sent the reply

6. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

It's cool, as for your original question. Nope :D

Any info where it is and so on?

7. Seito

Seito New Member

8. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Olympic Kara-te.......? I don't like the sound of it...............

9. Seito

Seito New Member

lol...........yeah i dont either thats why these tourneys are so easy
    most of these people only see this as a sport which really sucks for them....

10. ketong71

ketong71 Valued Member

Hi Seito,

I wouldn't call USA-NKF/WKF tournaments easy. They are not like the tournaments that are common in the open circuit. You should watch one.

Here is a link that shows some clips of Karate Matches that occurred in last year's Titan Games. Yes, it's been edited for promotion purposes, but it is is a glimpse of the intensity of a USA-NKF/WKF tournament.

http://www.usankf.org/F56/F6/F6A/f6a_2_ORGANIZATION/Videos/f6a_2_HighBandVideoDVD.htm -- Broadband

http://www.usankf.org/F56/F6/F6A/f6a_2_ORGANIZATION/Videos/f6a_2_ModemVideoDVD.htm -- Modem

BTW, Sundome (the concept of stopping or controlling the technique upon impact), as used in the WKF tournaments, is not "tag". There should be power and good form in the technique in order for it to be scored and not just a flick and touch of the mitt.

Regards,

Ketong71

11. Seito

Seito New Member

hehe........yeah thats what it is alright. its not as hard as it looks though, maybe i be-littled in the last post, but yeah thanx for your insight.

12. ketong71

ketong71 Valued Member

Hi Seito,

It might not be as hard as it looks but it still not as easy as it may sound. ;-) Since we come from different backgrounds, what kind of tournaments have you participated that you found challenging? Do you participate in point systems or full-contact and which circuit? Do you also participate in kata competition? Just curious.

Regards,

Keith