URGENT - Shin Guards size

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Deity, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Deity

Deity New Member

Hello. I'm 1.93 meters (6.63 feet) tall and 11.5 UK size for shoes, should I get the large or extra-large? Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

How heavy are you, which brand, and is there an online size guide available?

edit just read your other posts, ask about it when you go to the gym the first time, they'll know from experience what to get, and they may stock them themselves, so you can try them on.

3. Deity

Deity New Member

Sorry double post.

4. Deity

Deity New Member

I'm 84 KG. Looking at the Twins Shinguards Leather and the KO Fightgear Shin Guards. I couldn't find a chart except this on KO Fightgear: "
    Sizes Available:
    Small - under 5' 3"
    Medium - 5' 3" - 5' 10"
    Large - 5' 10" - 6' 1"
    X-Large - 6' 1" - 6' 4" "

Yes but I need to order them now, just answer please.

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Don't buy them before going to your school, as Fusen says, they'll have some you can borrow and try on.

6. Dead_pool

Wait to you go to the school, often the teacher will have a prefered type that he/she wants everyone to have as newbies.

7. Deity

Deity New Member

I think you're both right about the waiting and going to the school first but at the same time I think it's wrong for the teacher to impose a certain brand.

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'd be surprised if they insist you buy a certain brand, but they might recommend a brand based on their experience (and at least you can get an idea of what size you are).

9. Dead_pool

They may just have the experience to know what is good value for money, Its normally the guys who spend loads on all the equipment who jack it in after the first few weeks.

But if you really really want them, then ask other students/fighters what size they ordered and adjust accordingly. No hurry needed.

10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If you're in the UK, you have the right to return them if they're the wrong size.

I'd guess you're probably a large.

11. Dead_pool

Or as your in brum go to the gloves under the fishmarket, or sports direct and try a pair on.

http://www.the-gloves.co.uk/index.php?FilePath=Viewer&SourceType=ShopItem&SourceID=241&

http://www.sportsdirect.com/SearchResults?DescriptionFilter=thai shin

especially as:

12. Teflon

Teflon Valued Member