upcoming fight

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by zuiquan21, Nov 20, 2008.

1. zuiquan21

zuiquan21 Valued Member

hi everyone. my friend has just proposed that me and him should have an apparently "friendly" sparring match. He has done boxing for 6 years now and it is going to be a standard boxing match, with a ring, 5x3 minute rounds and standard gloves. I of course agreed seeing as it was just a sparring match but later my other friend said the friend who wants to fight is going to go serious because apparently he is sick of me thinking i am the best at fighting by doing what i do. so his motive? to prove boxing can beat what i do. i do kyokushin full time and have dabbled in boxing every once in a while. now i do have the size advantage on him and ive boxed people better then him and won, but that has been a while ago now so i have 2 weeks to a month till the match. so i was wondering if any of you have any advice how to be boxing ready when the time comes. i will still be doing karate and i may join a boxing gym for a few weeks or so to get in the feel of it again. so now im just wondering about any specific workouts and exercises.
    thanks

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah I'd go to the boxing gym. You will want to get used to protecting your head else he's going to brain you.

3. zuiquan21

zuiquan21 Valued Member

yea because i was planning on working on the peek-a-boo style as i think that would suit me more to his speed. he may be faster but his punches aren't that tough but i know it only takes one lucky punch to get you down so im planning on preparing properly
    thanks

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Aye get to a class and cram..

Lots of shadowboxing in your own time, and if you have a bag, even better. train hard and use your advantages. If you are bigger as you say, throw bombs and hurt him.. oh and make him work for it too, good defense and pace yourself. Good luck.

though you should also suggest he play by your rules too - challenge him to a kyokushin match. Or one where you can both use your respective rulesets.

most importantly get video and post back!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008