unstoppable e-mail notifications?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Bigmikey, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

For ages I havent gotten a single e-mail notification regarding threads I've posted to. Now, today, all of a sudden, I'm inundated with them. I went into the UCP to turn off e-mail notifications. Logged out and logged in again so I'd clear cookies. But they're still coming.

This wouldnt be a problem but I've now got a smart phone and my e-mail is synced. Every time I get one of these, which is seemingly every 5 minutes, my phone does its little beepy deal. I'd turn it off but then I might miss important calls from the family.

HELP??

2. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

GOTCHA !!!!!!!:Anth:

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Have you had a look in your subscribed threads? Might be that its the threads you've subscribed to that are spamming you.

4. Bigmikey

umm... what else would I get notified about Anth? Not to sound rude but that's what I'm talking about. I'm getting e-mail notifications for threads I subscribe to ALL OF A SUDDEN DESPITE TURNING THAT FEATURE OFF... I've had that feature turned on for ever and haven't gotten a single notification in literally months. So long in fact I cant remember when the last one was. Today they suddenly started flooding me and I cant stop them....

I'm not sure where we're losing each other.

If I select NO NOTIFICATIONS then I should get NO NOTIFICATIONS... right? Or am I missing something?

5. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

I turned mine off and it stopped sending me emails except from the threads I had subscribed to before I tirned off email notifications. Might be the same thing is happening to you. If so the only option is un-subbing from those threads. Try unsubbing and resubbing to them if you still want to be subscribed.

6. Bigmikey

Eh, I just added @MAP to my blacklist. Done and done.

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i have the same problem.
    ive set email notifications off (again as it was off previously) but its still sending them.
    ive tried setting it off for individual threads but thats not working either.

this only started yesterday

8. Bigmikey

I had to block the domain name in my e-mail to make it stop.

9. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

So what you're saying is, if I start going around finding all the threads you've posted in I could coordinate how to annoy the crap out of you by posting in them and making your phone beep like crazy.

Do you have any important meetings, family functions, or things that a phone beeping would shed a bad light on you anytime in the near future?

10. Bigmikey

Well, you COULD do that. But since I blocked the domain here... I'd never know. :)

11. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, what other forums or email notifying websites do you frequent in which you can't seem to "block the domain" to?

12. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Told you I GOTCHA.....

13. Bigmikey

I'm not following... you did that on purpose somehow?