Unorthadox Training

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Batokensen, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Robert_D

Robert_D New Member

LOL. i love you guys, the responses you put up are hysterical. but really. uncouth training is not always a bad thing. the throwing of the bag was a good idea, it makes you use your other senses. the killing of the trees on the other hand was a little overdone. anyway, all in all i agree with cudgel. if you have a weapon meant to be thrown, by all means throw it. knives, darts, stars, you get teh idea. but pray to remember if you have a back up weapon or not.

Robert_D

2. Wearing Grey

Wearing Grey New Member

Batokensen.....

I hope you dont play with fire.

:)

WG

3. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Batokensen, I know some great places to learn swordsmanship in Indiana if you would actually like to learn it THE RIGHT WAY.

If you want to throw buy some shuriken.

May I ask why your mom took your swords away?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  4. Rob_InDaUk

Rob_InDaUk Grandmaster Sandwich

Probably because he is some sort of derranged pshyco killa!

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Throwing weopons worries me a bit, not just the legal implications of using a sword like a spear, but the fact that if it doesn't work which is quite likely, you've just given them something to kill you with. Which they prob will do seeing as you've just thrown a bladed weapon at em :D

You really might as well stick to the tradition aspects of sword training and learn to use more usefull weapons like sticks in a realistic way.

6. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

The great thing about projectile weapons is EVERYTHING works as one. Throw anything in someones face and you created an opening to strike/shoot.

But throwing a sword seems like a strange thing to do...

7. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

1 = wouldn't throw
    2 = wouldn't throw
    4 = wouldn't be able to move ;)

I am at that 'later' stage. But saying that, I'm not keen on the zai.

Hey Andrew, your posts that are aimed at me seem to be a bit 'niggly'. You don't like me do you :(

8. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Nah, I'm just messing with you :D

Your we have 3 sai seemed a little odd, don't always have 3. Besides They are sold in 2's, and throwing them puts holes in the mats :D

Actually foam sai don't put holes in the mats, but they bounce really well. And there is nothing wrong with throwing when you got one or two. Just got to do something with it.

9. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

True - I should change to "usually"

It always made me wonder why they are sold in twos. Then I realised - the people that use three are abnormal and society outcasts. :D

10. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Oh good :p